Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI $1,500 -> $7,500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed CLI $1,500 -> $7,500

It's been seven months since I joined PenFed.  I had joined very fresh during the rebuild process.  I took the plunge just now and requested a CLI on my PowerCash Visa, and they bumped me from $1,500 to $7,500, with instant approval and the option to do balance transfers. That's with a utilization of 11% across all cards, with 10% on the PenFed.  Smiley Happy  My first Visa SIGNATURE card!  Woot! 

Grand total of unsecured credit as of July 2019:  $31,300

Started at $1,500 in November 2018.

Current utilization:  11% (had to buy a new washer and dryer AND tires ugh)...

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLI $1,500 -> $7,500

Congrats on a killer CLI!!
Message 2 of 19
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Wow!!! Congratulations on that monster CLI! Enjoy!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLEXH25 wrote:
Wow!!! Congratulations on that monster CLI! Enjoy!

Thanks!  I'm so disappointed with Disco and Capital One, though.  I guess they really have tightened up.  They refuse to budge.  But, no biggie.  Into the sock drawer they go!  I travel quite a lot internationally, and good luck getting a Discover card accepted ... anywhere.  Capital One doesn't charge foreign transaction fees, but they also don't do chip-and-pin, so yeah.  Disco is now my Netflix card, and Capital One is my myfico card. lol

Message 4 of 19
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I feel ya! Both lenders have been stingy with me as well. My QS is bucketed so that’s getting the axe soon. I still love my Discover, but it’s like pulling teeth with them trying to get it to grow. Hopefully they’ll show me some love soon. Glad to both for giving me a chance though.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KLEXH25 wrote:
I feel ya! Both lenders have been stingy with me as well. My QS is bucketed so that’s getting the axe soon. I still love my Discover, but it’s like pulling teeth with them trying to get it to grow. Hopefully they’ll show me some love soon. Glad to both for giving me a chance though.

It's true.  They did give me a shot, and they did give me the boost to move on to bigger and better things.  I'll remember them fondly, but reach out to them infrequently.  :-P  As a teacher, I'm familiar with giving people a fair shot and having them forget about me. lol  But, they're banks.  They don't give a toss if I fall off the face of the earth as long as I pay them.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI!!!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sweet 5X CLI! 

Message 9 of 19
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your 5X PenFed PowerCash Visa CLI and the upgrade to Visa SIGNATURE!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.