Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLI $1,500 -> $7,500

Congrats on the very nice CLI!

Message 11 of 19
Hex
Valued Contributor

Great CLI from PenFed! I don’t want to rain on your parade but thought you might want to know before it’s too late that unless they’ve changed their policy PenFed will not upgrade a card to the Signature version when the CL reaches $5K. If you really want the Signature version you should call them and ask them to open a new card with the extra $6K they just gave you. I had a $ 2K Power Cash Rewards and got a CLI to $41K. I wasn’t really expecting that much of an increase. I had read here that they don’t upgrade to Signature so I asked the CSR about it and she checked with someone else and said it would upgrade. I double checked this site and many data points said no upgrades so I called back to double check and asked when they would be sending me the information on the upgraded benefits. They checked on it for me and came back and said they don’t actually upgrade to Signature version. So I asked and they allowed me to use the CLI amount to open a new card for $39K and keep the first one. So I have a Signature and non Signature version of the PCR’s Card. I wanted to let you know this because having the Signature version sounded important to you and I’m not sure if requesting a new card instead is time sensitive. I did not get a new HP to do this but YMMV. You would have to open a new account though so it probably will effect your score. Let us know what happens.
Message 12 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Nice Increase, Congrats!!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hex wrote:
Great CLI from PenFed! I don’t want to rain on your parade but thought you might want to know before it’s too late that unless they’ve changed their policy PenFed will not upgrade a card to the Signature version when the CL reaches $5K. If you really want the Signature version you should call them and ask them to open a new card with the extra $6K they just gave you. I had a $ 2K Power Cash Rewards and got a CLI to $41K. I wasn’t really expecting that much of an increase. I had read here that they don’t upgrade to Signature so I asked the CSR about it and she checked with someone else and said it would upgrade. I double checked this site and many data points said no upgrades so I called back to double check and asked when they would be sending me the information on the upgraded benefits. They checked on it for me and came back and said they don’t actually upgrade to Signature version. So I asked and they allowed me to use the CLI amount to open a new card for $39K and keep the first one. So I have a Signature and non Signature version of the PCR’s Card. I wanted to let you know this because having the Signature version sounded important to you and I’m not sure if requesting a new card instead is time sensitive. I did not get a new HP to do this but YMMV. You would have to open a new account though so it probably will effect your score. Let us know what happens.

You know, as much as I love PenFed, I hate PenFed.  Ah well.  I'd rather have a Navy Flagship Signature, anyway, for my travel habit. Smiley Wink  

Message 14 of 19
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on that nice increase!!1

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 15 of 19
CreditWolf
New Contributor

Congrats to u Kredit 😉
Message 16 of 19
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI!!! It sounds like its a win, win for you if they open another account for you. You will potentially get the benefit of an added trade line and per , no HP either...   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HighAchiever wrote:

Congratulations on the CLI!!! It sounds like its a win, win for you if they open another account for you. You will potentially get the benefit of an added trade line and per , no HP either...   Smiley Happy

That would be cool and definitely a confidence booster, but to be perfectly honest, I have no desire to get another credit card or tradeline.  Like, I'm a teacher.  And, granted, I'm at the top of the pay scale, but I figure having credit lines totaling just under half of my annual salary is more than sufficient.  

Message 18 of 19
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the HUGE CLI!!!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.