Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI $25,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLI $25,000

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous NFCU & PenFed were top on my list after reading a lot about them on the forum. NFCU I can't find a way in but most of the posts aboutt them are stellar. PenFed's HP policy is really unique. Since my HP expires soon I'm probably done with them for a bit. Had a very very big year. went from $3500 between 2 Capital One cards on Dec 31 2015 to $150,000 between 14 cards just a year later! Lots of new accounts so I'm focused on growing these limits and increasing my AAoA.

Thanks for that info cashcorp1,

My oh my you have really grown you CLs nicely.  I am so tempted to come out of the garden, but trying my darndest to not do so.  I may or may not stay in the garden until 12/2017.  If I were to wait until then, then the last of my recent accounts will have aged to 2 years and all pulls will have fallen off my reports.  Right now I have 6 pulls on my EQ, and all of which are over a year old- and some of which are almost 2 years old in a few months.  All other pulls are no longer on either my TU or EX reports as the few at the time that I had have already fallen a while back.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is some serious restraint with a lot of the offers that have been available this year...just depends on your needs are and if a new card would fill a need. PenFed's rates are great on their card products and the rewards program is very strong (my opnion) + the 0% offer for 12 months is pretty darn good. I was at 10+ HP's on my EQ report all from this year when I applied back in September. I feel fortunate that it worked out the way it has for me, planned it out...when I would request the increases etc...knowing that 1 HP was basically equal to 4 potential credit line increases (1 new account + 3 CLI's) before the HP expired.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is some serious restraint with a lot of the offers that have been available this year...just depends on your needs are and if a new card would fill a need. PenFed's rates are great on their card products and the rewards program is very strong (my opnion) + the 0% offer for 12 months is pretty darn good. I was at 10+ HP's on my EQ report all from this year when I applied back in September. I feel fortunate that it worked out the way it has for me, planned it out...when I would request the increases etc...knowing that 1 HP was basically equal to 4 potential credit line increases (1 new account + 3 CLI's) before the HP expired.

Yeah a 0% offer for 12 months would be great right about now.  I have my eye on a camera and 12 months would give me plenty of time to pay it off before the 0% period is over.  But I am really trying hard to exercise the restraint like you said ;-)  Do I need a nice shiny DSLR, no.  But I do certainly want one! ;-)

I do agree also that it is good to be strategic about things- especially HPs.  And the way you planned yours out is an awesome strategic play indeed!

Message 13 of 14
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Congrats OP!  That's a nice SL! 

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.