cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI, Cant increase for 6 mo?

Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

PenFed CLI, Cant increase for 6 mo?

I originally got approved for $1,000, which wasnt enough imo and i called and asked if i could get an increase to a least 4,000. after reviewing the application the guy (matt?) was able to increase the limit to 2,500. However he said I would not be able to increase it for 6 months, because of it. This sucks because it would be another hard pull. Anybody have the same experiance? Should I go ahead and try and get another CLI in 90 days, just to try? 

Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI, Cant increase for 6 mo?

I think they gave you what they were comfortable with giving and must say great job getting $1500 more out of them. Penfed likes to see history so 6 months from now hopefully you can get a nice increase. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Gmood1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Gregory1776 wrote:

I originally got approved for $1,000, which wasnt enough imo and i called and asked if i could get an increase to a least 4,000. after reviewing the application the guy (matt?) was able to increase the limit to 2,500. However he said I would not be able to increase it for 6 months, because of it. This sucks because it would be another hard pull. Anybody have the same experiance? Should I go ahead and try and get another CLI in 90 days, just to try? 

Thoughts?

A friend recently had a similar issue less than two weeks ago. They wouldn't increase his limit any further. I told him to app for another card. Penfed approved the 2nd card for $10k even though they wouldn't increase the first. Crazy I know! 

My most prized tradeline.
Message 3 of 4
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I think they gave you what they were comfortable with giving and must say great job getting $1500 more out of them. Penfed likes to see history so 6 months from now hopefully you can get a nice increase. Smiley Happy

I know, issue is, i want to pull weeds for the next two years and have all my inquires fall off my report. 😭😭 All well. I'll probably do something dumb and apply for 5 cards in 4 months. 😜😜

Their CLI's are Hard pulls. Like chase. 😖

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.