Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI & NFCU app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed CLI & NFCU app

So a little over a month ago I was contemplating a new car...apped with PenFed with an instant 25k with a 7% rate that could vary depending on the vehicle. Anyway I decided against a new car and let the loan die out. Fast forward I decided to see I could get a CLI on my Promise Visa that I got maybe a year ago submitted all my info and boom came back with a 4.5k increase bringing my CL to 9k. Guess they wanted to be my highest limit card right after my Discover At 7.5k.

Some data points: Next Gen score according to them is 670. No Hard Pull alert yet (i assume they used the same HP from my auto loan approval). The card sees mild use and minimum to moderate monthly payments.

Also decided to submit a membership application on NFCU after reading about the Navy League SD eligibility. Printed application, filled it out, faxed it in with copy of ID and SS card + utility bill and my welcome emails from the Navy League. We shall see how that goes...I will just sit and patiently wait it out to see what they do. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLI & NFCU app

You definitely sound like a man with a plan. Congratulations on your success and good luck with NFCU!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLI & NFCU app

@Anonymous wrote:

So a little over a month ago I was contemplating a new car...apped with PenFed with an instant 25k with a 7% rate that could vary depending on the vehicle. Anyway I decided against a new car and let the loan die out. Fast forward I decided to see I could get a CLI on my Promise Visa that I got maybe a year ago submitted all my info and boom came back with a 4.5k increase bringing my CL to 9k. Guess they wanted to be my highest limit card right after my Discover At 7.5k.

Some data points: Next Gen score according to them is 670. No Hard Pull alert yet (i assume they used the same HP from my auto loan approval). The card sees mild use and minimum to moderate monthly payments.

Also decided to submit a membership application on NFCU after reading about the Navy League SD eligibility. Printed application, filled it out, faxed it in with copy of ID and SS card + utility bill and my welcome emails from the Navy League. We shall see how that goes...I will just sit and patiently wait it out to see what they do. 

Congrats On Your Success!.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.