Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed CLI to 25K UPDATE! APR reduced to 11.74%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed CLI to 25K UPDATE! APR reduced to 11.74%

I opened the Power Cash card on on September 30, 2017.  ON 10/1/2017, I was given a 7K starting limit, called in to recon the SL, got 10K.  I have only used the card for a balance transfer, and will have the complete balance paid off before the introductory period ends.

I submitted an online request for a CLI Sunday 9/30/18, (didn't realize I was exactly one year from opening), got a notice that they needed to look further and will get back to me.  I remembered that I had a fraud alert and called them this morning to see if they needed any other information.  I answered some identity questions, while I was on hold with the call I made, I received a call from them verifying that I made the request for the CLI.  The second caller hung up and the original lady came back and told me my request had been granted.  I was told my new limit is now 25K and will be available tomorrow.  They never asked me why I wanted the increase or how much I wanted.  

My goal is to have no more than five cards, at least two cards at 25K and 2 cards at 15K.  I think at the beginning of the year, I will be able to combine some cards to make this happen. I will close the remaining cards.  I have a total of 11 cards, three of them store cards.

According to their (PenFed) site my Fico Score 9 is 776.  I have a BK 7 reporting 12/2010.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed CLI to 25K

Congrats your CLI!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done. Congratulations!

Message 3 of 11
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Congrats OP. is that an SP or HP cli?

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GetMeSlick wrote:

Congrats OP. is that an SP or HP cli?

I believe it was a hard pull.  Haven't received notification yet.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed CLI to 25K UPDATE! APR reduced to 11.74%

***Update****  APR reduced from 16.74 to 11.74 variable.  This reduction was a surprise.

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened the Power Cash card on on September 30, 2017.  ON 10/1/2017, I was given a 7K starting limit, called in to recon the SL, got 10K.  I have only used the card for a balance transfer, and will have the complete balance paid off before the introductory period ends.

I submitted an online request for a CLI Sunday 9/30/18, (didn't realize I was exactly one year from opening), got a notice that they needed to look further and will get back to me.  I remembered that I had a fraud alert and called them this morning to see if they needed any other information.  I answered some identity questions, while I was on hold with the call I made, I received a call from them verifying that I made the request for the CLI.  The second caller hung up and the original lady came back and told me my request had been granted.  I was told my new limit is now 25K and will be available tomorrow.  They never asked me why I wanted the increase or how much I wanted.  

My goal is to have no more than five cards, at least two cards at 25K and 2 cards at 15K.  I think at the beginning of the year, I will be able to combine some cards to make this happen. I will close the remaining cards.  I have a total of 11 cards, three of them store cards.

According to their (PenFed) site my Fico Score 9 is 776.  I have a BK 7 reporting 12/2010.  

Message 6 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 11
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Very cool...congrats on the CLI...PenFed is a great CU!

With a BK7 from 12/2010 but a EQ of 776 on the PenFed site...the BK7 has dropped off your report. Also when you get your next statement from PenFed on this CC that was just granted a CLI, double check the APR. Their site will reference the lowest API in the CLI approval section but may not be accurate when you see your statement. You may need to call them and question the CLI approval APR and the statement APR.
FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, thats a huge jump. They love your profileSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spotsy, Thank you for the information. I got the interest rate from the email they sent me saying my CL is 25K, under that it says 11.74 Variable APR. At least if anything happens I have it in writing.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.