Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed FCU Pre-Approval offer

tag
kjonesjr00
New Contributor

PenFed FCU Pre-Approval offer

Received a pre-approval offer in the mail from Pen Fed for their Power Cash Rewards. Wasn't planning on applying for any cards for a while since my feelings were still hurt from Navy FCU not increasing my $20k limit. I figured what the hell, I'd apply and see what I'd get approved for. I was pleasantly surprised and it was instant. My Equifax score was 786 at the time. I had to call in because of identity verification. They just wanted my DL, copy of social, and a utility bill. When I called and spoke to

the rep, I asked about applying for another credit card using the same pull. I was told that I would get declined because $25k was their limit on credit cards. She did tell me if opened a checking account and kept $500 as my balance, I'd get 2% cash back instead of 1.5%. She also told me about a promotion for new members. I had to deposit stimulus money of $1,200 and use my debit card 5 times, and I earn $200. No brainer. Just use my debit card 5 times for $10, and bam 💥 $200. I did also apply for a separate personal line of credit too. Waiting to hear back. Stay tuned. 

8338E767-19FB-433C-9DC0-D86AC366FE3A.jpeg

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed FCU Pre-Approval offer

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 30
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 30
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your PenFed Power Cash Rewards approval and nice SL!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@kjonesjr00, Nice ApprovalSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sweet PenFed PCR approval!

Message 6 of 30
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 30
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats 🎈🎉🎊 on your approval @kjonesjr00

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! on a sweet approval. 25k Wow Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kjonesjr00  Super Congrats on your Penfed Power Cash Rewards $25,000 approval! Smiley Very Happy

If PenFed sent you a preapproval offer via snail mail, then they've had their eye

on you for quite some time now. Getting the max 25k limit right out of the gate

is quite the accomplishement indeed. I also noticed they didn't ask for proof of income.

Just your DL, SSN card and utility bill. With a 786 EQ9 I'm sure that played a factor.

Congrats again on your success. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.