Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Gold Visa (NOT) Signature Approval

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed Gold Visa Signature Approval

Congrats.. bummer on the apr i have very strong scores as well but penfed will give me very big limits, but the apr they give me is always high for what i consider a good profile approx 800 scores when i apply.  Dont know if they really offer the lowest aprs to many other than maybe if you are a perfect 850 and havent opened a card in a few years shrug.  They are no NFCU that is certain w/regards to apr.

Message 11 of 41
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new PenFed Gold card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 41
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

I didn't even know PenFed offered that card as a siggy. 

Bummer about the APR indeed. Smiley Sad

I too was surprised that it is a Signature Visa. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 13 of 41
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@NimbusIII wrote:

Congrats on your approval! Give it 6 months and ask for an interest reduction!

I had to wait a year before NFCU would entertain an APR reduction and when they did it was 0.49% reduction.

Message 14 of 41
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats.. bummer on the apr i have very strong scores as well but penfed will give me very big limits, but the apr they give me is always high for what i consider a good profile approx 800 scores when i apply.  Dont know if they really offer the lowest aprs to many other than maybe if you are a perfect 850 and havent opened a card in a few years shrug.  They are no NFCU that is certain w/regards to apr.

My NFCU Flagship card is my best APR card at 11.49% with my largest CL at $25,000. I guess every FI can't be NFCU!

Message 15 of 41
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!

Message 16 of 41
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

excellent approval @Medic981 ..Congrats .. i like this card ..just grab it and work your way to get it down to  the lowest "APR".. Good luck

_____________R.a.j

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 17 of 41
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

I dont believe Pf works like that. Getting apr redux from Penfed is like pulling teeth, if they do it at all. Ime/imo Smiley Wink

Worked for me! Although it was pretty close to a year when I asked.  Everything at Penfed incurs a HP. I'm afraid to ask for my balance in the off chance it will incur another HP.

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 18 of 41
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@NimbusIII wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

I dont believe Pf works like that. Getting apr redux from Penfed is like pulling teeth, if they do it at all. Ime/imo Smiley Wink

Worked for me! Although it was pretty close to a year when I asked.  Everything at Penfed incurs a HP. I'm afraid to ask for my balance in the off chance it will incur another HP.

Can you elaborate on this previous process for others (including me of course Smiley Wink)?

Message 19 of 41
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

Can you elaborate on this previous process for others (including me of course Smiley Wink)?

I too would be interested to know your secrets!

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.