Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Hooking it Up today - Auto but a Power Cash approval on the side

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Hooking it Up today - Auto but a Power Cash approval on the side

Wow - I wanted to buy my sister a car for Christmas. I've read on here that PenFed is an excellent auto lender. So I took a HP to join back in November applied for every credit card they had and was denied. So I realized I had 90 days on that HP and decided to give it a go. Received a verification email this afternoon and called in and answered their questions. 

The CSR put me on hold and came back and said I was approved at 3.99%!! Then put me on hold again and asked which credit card I wanted....I was like huh? She said she would approve me for $1k at 16.99% but I needed to make a decision now. I was planning on gardening until 2020 but I couldn't say NO!!! LOL

Obviously a trivial SL to some but 2 big approvals for me in 1 setting after all I've been through. Started my rebuild 6 months ago. Still showing 18 lates on an auto loan from 2015. Wasn't sure to share this on the auto board or here. But here I am - just wanted to share. Thank you to everyone on this board. My journey continues because of you fine folks - MY MFER'S!!! Love you all and happy holidays!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Hooking it Up today - Auto but a Power Cash approval on the side

0001Cheerleader.gif  Congrats...

BTW I am available for sibling adoption.. LOL

What a super nice brother you are.

Merry Christmas! xmas9.gif

Message 2 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! I've used them for my last three vehicles. Now when I call in for an auto loan. They just asked me how much I want, the vin number and how soon I want the check. lol

No hoops to jump through and no POI, nothing but a EQ HP, unless I have a soft pull offer on my Penfed log in page. It sure pisses off the finance managers at the stealerships! Smiley LOL

They also have an extended warranty program you can add on, if you so choose.. that's very good. Much cheaper than what the stealership offers.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL! Love my sister - she is awesome! 

Gmood - this is why I wanted on! Now that I'm in - I'm here to stay! Smiley Happy

Thank you both! 

Message 4 of 18
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Great share!!

Congratulations on the Auto loan for sis!!! 

Cool pickup on the PCR !!! Great card!!!! 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ROFL! As if anyone is going to say no when there is no HP for the card and they straight up tell you your terms! LOL! That's wild! Congrats!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the car loan and Powercash approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol - right. MF has turned me into a FICO junkie. AINT EVEN GONNA LIE! MY AAOA though!!! hahahaha 

Thanks Saeren! 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Steve! 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

lol - right. MF has turned me into a FICO junkie. AINT EVEN GONNA LIE! MY AAOA though!!! hahahaha 

Thanks Saeren! 

I would much prefer to take an AAoA hit temporarily to get a card that I know will grow like PenFed would (well maybe not for me because I am poor but for most people lol)!

Especially if its a card that I already wanted before. That's an easy decision.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.