M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed Instant Dual Approvals

Congratulations!

Message 11 of 26
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed Questions

@Charmante  I echo the thoughts of @coldfusion.  As far as the card going Signature after you cross the limit of $5k, I'm not going to say it isn't possible but I will say that it isn't something that PenFed does on it's own (if it's even possible).  You can always ask for a CLI but you will most likely take an HP for it unless it's a quarterly offer.

I also agree with @coldfusion that your personal loan question may be a better fit for the personal finance section of the forum.  With that being said I don't b believe having more products with PenFed makes you a better customer in their view.  They either like your profile or they don't...nothing more, nothing less.  Having a sizable amount of cash in accounts with them usually don't sway their decision one way or the other; you get what you get with them.   Personally, I wouldn't take out a personal loan that I didn't need with hoping of getting in good graces of any lender.

Message 12 of 26
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: PenFed Questions

@Loquat wrote:

@Charmante  I echo the thoughts of @coldfusion.  As far as the card going Signature after you cross the limit of $5k, I'm not going to say it isn't possible but I will say that it isn't something that PenFed does on it's own (if it's even possible).  You can always ask for a CLI but you will most likely take an HP for it unless it's a quarterly offer.

I also agree with @coldfusion that your personal loan question may be a better fit for the personal finance section of the forum.  With that being said I don't b believe having more products with PenFed makes you a better customer in their view.  They either like your profile or they don't...nothing more, nothing less.  Having a sizable amount of cash in accounts with them usually don't sway their decision one way or the other; you get what you get with them.   Personally, I wouldn't take out a personal loan that I didn't need with hoping of getting in good graces of any lender.

+1

i also would not take out a loan for that amount just to turn around and pay it down, unless you need an installment account and there are much easier methods, seems silly . Penfed doesn't really care and that won't get you a better in with them at all .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 26
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 14 of 26
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your PenFed Double Approval🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 16 of 26
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 17 of 26
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on both of your approvals!!

Message 18 of 26
mgood
Valued Contributor

rock-on.gif

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.