Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed LOVE & NFCU...uhhh...Like?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed LOVE & NFCU...uhhh...Like?!

Been awhile since I've poked my head around here.  Life and just trying to avoid temptation of stepping out of the garden.  Sure people know how that is!  

7 months hit on my PenFed Promise, so I decided to take a hit and try for a CLI on it.  INSTANT approval from $4000 > $12000.  Ever since, I've been debating and trying to figure out my odds of being approved for a 2nd card.  Today I came by a thread where someone was basically in the same boat as me and got the same CLI I got (5K>12K) and went for a 2nd card and got approved for 12K.  Both of his went review and my train of thought was since my CLI was instant, I should have at least the same odds as he did.  Yes, yes...all profiles different and stuff.  My story!  Leave logic out of it and lets focus on my train of thought!

I ended up pulling the trigger today and I went for the Power Cash Rewards and on the last page, spin....spin...SERVER ERROR 400!  Try to log back in and it's really laggy.  Finally get in and see green across the board and I hit the little "Continue" button and says I was approved for $12000 with it too!  17.24% APR on it, not that it matters.  But it wasn't the max I could have gotten.  Always exciting for me to see when I get approved for less than max.

So, I got $20000 out of them on that 1 HP.

After the CLI on the PF card and before I opted to try for a 2nd with them, I decided to try my luck with my NFCU card that just hit 6 months since a CLI.  Asked for I believe $15000, since my other card is a little over that, was sitting at $1500 after $1000 CLI last time.  Review.  Decided while I was at it, why not try a bump on my LOC with them too.  Couple hours later I logged in and noticed it went up $2000 on  the card and the LOC was straight up denied.  2 HPs on them and only $2000.  Oh well!  

Think I can start closing some of my worthless Comenity store cards now.  Mean, nice to keep as padding, but think I might be reaching a point where they're hurting too with stuff I actually want, in regards to total exposure.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed LOVE & NFCU...uhhh...Like?!

CongratsSmiley Happy anyone who can get 20k out of Penfed must be doing something rightSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy anyone who can get 20k out of Penfed must be doing something rightSmiley Wink

Thanks!  

Message 3 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

HUGE  CONGRATS  on your AWESOME CLIs and the PenFed Power Cash Rewards approval - That's how it's DONE!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the double play Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey @Marz2002 , he really NAILED IT🔨💳😆
Message 7 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey @Marz2002 , he really NAILED IT🔨💳😆

Thanks , you are correct!!! Smiley Embarassed 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!

Message 9 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI and 2nd Card @Drusbo! There’s a fan club of haters around here for PenFed but I really like them. Got 2 cards, auto loan and just applied for a personal loan with them too. Great service and once you get on their good side they really open up to you. Congrats and keep it going!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.