Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Luv FINALLY!!

tag
RamblingDaveyAlex
New Contributor

PenFed Luv FINALLY!!

Have had a very odd relationship with PenFed for last year. While NFCU has been giving me whatever increases and products I ask for, total avail CL over 60k, etc, PenFed gave me $1200 SL on the PCR card a year ago and wouldn't budge twice, even though they gave me a 15K Personal Loan and scores are at 700 and income 150k Smiley Frustrated So, decided to try in the new year and BAZINGO! What a bump! Smiley Very Happy

PenFed.jpg

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Luv FINALLY!!

Congratulations!!   That is a heck of an increase!

Took me over a year to get a CLI out of them too...   and they also offered me a pre-approved $25K PL before they were willing to increase my limit... 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  If you want a product from PenFed, now's the time to get it....especially the PCR.  If you are denied, they must really not like you.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

...  offered me a pre-approved $25K PL before they were willing to increase my limit... 

Offered me a pre-approved $25K PL too but they were UNwilling to increase my limits.

Congrats! to you, RDA, for entre into the highly desirous Penfed Preferred Status Club. Smiley Wink Complimentary cocktails (topshelf only!) will be served shortly.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI.

Message 5 of 24
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Whoa, $1200 to $20000 is quite an increase! Congratulations!

My SL, when I opened the card last August, was $8750. That's more than enough to cover my non-category spend each month, so I'm planning to leave it alone for a while. But it's nice to know that it has the potential to really grow in the future!

Message 6 of 24
RamblingDaveyAlex
New Contributor

Yeah and I only use their card like once every two months, small purchases, always pay in full. Bananas!! Smiley LOL

@5KRunner wrote:

My SL, when I opened the card last August, was $8750. That's more than enough to cover my non-category spend each month, so I'm planning to leave it alone for a while. But it's nice to know that it has the potential to really grow in the future!

Message 7 of 24
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@RamblingDaveyAlex wrote:

Yeah and I only use their card like once every two months, small purchases, always pay in full. Bananas!! Smiley LOL

@5KRunner wrote:

Bananas indeed! 😂

I had a similar reaction on Monday when cold-apping with PNC. I'd just closed my deposit accounts with them a few weeks prior and have a ridiculous number of new accounts and INQs in the past 12 months, and they approved me for a $25K Cash Rewards card. When the number popped up, I LOLed, then nearly fell off my chair. My office mates must've thought I was losing my mind!

Enjoy PenFed. We've been thoroughly pleased with them - enough to make them our primary financial institution.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That is a lot of PenFed sweet Luv! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.