cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed New Member And AMEX Approval

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Contributor

PenFed New Member And AMEX Approval

Hey All!

After reading all of the glowing experiences from members about PenFed, I signed up for a share acount on Monday with a $50 deposit.  The next day they pulled my EX with a hard pull (which I totally expected after reading the forum posts here) and I decided to wait another day to apply for any of the cards.

After reviewing all of the cards they had to offer, I decided to apply for the travel rewards AMEX.  I already have enough cash back cards that offer either the same or better cash back rates, but I don't have any travel or mileage cards at this point.

I applied online and got the "loan officer review" response that I was expecting.  The window advised a 24-48 hour window to review the application, so I sat tight and waited.  About 48 hours later I got a phone call from a banker at PenFed letting me know that I had been approved for the card!

The approval was for a $10k SL @ 11.49% apr, which is kind of irrelevant because we PIF each month on all of our cards.  The apr window for the card ranges from 9.74% - 17.99% based on creditworthiness, so I was content coming in on the lower end of the APR scale, just in case I ever did need to carry a balance.

Data Points:

FICO Bankcard 8: 757 (dropped 3 points yesterday after the HP from PenFed)

UTI: 2% - 5% (depending on when statements cut)

AAoA: 3yrs 2mos

Long story short, if you're on the fence about joining PenFed... GO FOR IT!

myfico.com

2 REPLIES 2

Re: PenFed New Member And AMEX Approval

Congrats enjoy the card.  PenFed is an awesome CU.  My main one I use for banking and other financial needs such as auto loans etc

Message 2 of 3
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed New Member And AMEX Approval

Welcome to the Penfed family. A FANTASTIC CU. My favorite. 

(10/05/18)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.