cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Pathfinder AMEX-- SOOO Stoked!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Pathfinder AMEX-- SOOO Stoked!!!!

EQ 813 TU 732 EX 725

I applied for the PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Amex and was instantly approved for 10K!  That's awesome, but what's even better is that I'm HOPING (praying!!!) that this will take me off the AMEX blacklist that I am probably on for a BK in 2010, in which AMEX was IIB.  Also, of note, they definitely pull Equifax, which helped me since my BK is not showing up on my EQ for some reason!?!?  And I'm not going argue with that at all....it'll be off the other two in 16 months and I can't wait to have the prestine credit I had prior to BK! 

On the other hand, they would not also approve me for the Visa Platinum Signature unless I wanted to take $5000 from that card and have a $5000 limit on both cards, for a $10k total.  They say that $10K is their max to start and that anything else that people say isn't true.  I don't believe that at all based on what I've read on here...That was pretty disappointing. 

Anyway, I am not sure if 2 cards with $5K limit would be worth it...or just one with $10K....thoughts on that?

Has anyone had experience with this?  Either way, still so happy to get a great zero AF reward card with a great company! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Pathfinder AMEX-- SOOO Stoked!!!!

Congrats on Penfed Amex approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and nice SL !!!

Message 3 of 33
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats on approvalSmiley Happy

Unfornately Penfed AMEX is a cobranded card and not from centurian bank, so if you are on the blacklist this card approval has no bearing on that.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 33
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

First off congrats on your approval there! And yes recent changes on how Penfed determines credit and their criteria for extending credit has gone through some recent changes and one of them is any new customers not receiving no more than $10k to start off til some time has passed. In which Penfed will be more open to giving more credit but even that has gotten more strict that it has in the past. Just wait it out and if you're lucky enough with the SP checks they do often you'll get some CLI opportunities that way.

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve heard a few different things on this...are you sure?
Message 6 of 33
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve heard a few different things on this...are you sure?

Yes,  we are sure. Cards issued by American Express themselves, come from Centerion Bank, or now with their name change American Express National Bank, (their bank). Any other cards that have the Amex logo, like your new PF card, is merely just the AMEX network. Just like Visa/MC/Discover network. What you have is a Amex network card.  But, congrats on the approval! 

Ive also read your other threads, and you IIB AMEX. They dont forget, and have a very long memory. They are not even pulling your credit, which means you are still BL by them. Sorry

edit...People that have paid them back, end up getting back in with them. I dont know if thats an option for you or not, as I dont know the monetary amount you burned them for, but its an optionSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight! I guess I feel better about only getting $10k SL. Do you think it would be better to open up two separate accounts (pathfinder and signature) at $5k each? Or keep one at $10k? (In reference to my first post)
Message 9 of 33
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I split into two. I am hoping maybe they CLI each account closer to my average limits.

For instance, my average CL is about 15-16k. If I have one PenFed, I am leery they might CLI that one card to 15-20k but maybe, by having two cards, one (if not both) will be eventually CLI'd closer to 15-20k giving me 30-40k exposure with them. Guess we will see and find out in 6 to 12 months! Congrats!!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.