Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Pathfinder Approval

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

PenFed Pathfinder Approval

Well posted in another section I have some spend for a few upcoming weddings and wanted yet another bonus so mulled over who to go for..  Decided lets hit up PenFed..  I have a long relationship overall with them 5+ years?  Have had a 70k auto loan paid off through them also had a 13k person loan paid off through them along with currently Also have a 27k 2% PCR card with them..  Honestly wasn't sure what to expect from them was guessing a 5k approval as max unsecured is 50k with them in CCs, but use them as my primary FI so figured give it a shot although they have became very tight recent and got an instant approval for more than I thought I would.. Not thrilled with the APR% as EQ 09 is around a 780 atm and basically the same for my 08 score right around there.. > 20 Inquiries on EQ since everyone pulls EQ where I live, granted CU's particularly like EQ regardless of where you live.  AAoA still over 3 years somehow income is 6 figures, tons of new accounts as alot of you know thanks to @FinStar and @Mahraja for having to keep up with the "Jones" on CC approvals.  Anyways 15k Approval so putting my total exposure with CC with PenFed at 42k.  Maybe they are loosening up a bit again?  Still disappointed on APR with said score think they could of offered better, but obviously no balance will be carried on card.  So although 2500 in spend still a decent no AF card with a few perks if ever decide to get rid of AF cards.  That is all, feel free to ask any questions

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 12.54.31 PM.png

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: PenFed Pathfinder Approval

Congrats
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You live in the territory that was originally the purview of EQ, hard to break old habits, its like in CA everyone pulled EX. Grats on the new card, not too bad of a SL!

Message 3 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

You live in the territory that was originally the purview of EQ, hard to break old habits, its like in CA everyone pulled EX. Grats on the new card, not too bad of a SL!

Yeppers since i live close to Georgia where EQ is based out of :/.. So suppose they have alot of the contracts around the areas and as you stated most people in CA get hit with experian hp's.  It is what it is and if I was to ever take a break from applying I would have so many hp's Smiley Happy.

Thanks for congrats though and happy with SL considering have 42k with them in CC's now which is very resepectable for my income IMO with a lender that has become alot more conservative in the last year or two.

Message 4 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome approval @CreditCuriosity!! It shows that your profile is indeed prime for a good SL with PenFed given the strength of your profile and recent activities 😁

I realize there's a good number of folks who are not PenFed BFFs, but different strokes for different folks I suppose. So, this leaves room for another CC, but I'm sure you can grow this one to their max exposure. Well done my friend!

Do you have the PLOC as well? I can't recall with all your vast approvals lol 😄
Message 5 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, and glad to see this approval given the myriads of Fruit MCs 😄
Message 6 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
Awesome approval @CreditCuriosity!! It shows that your profile is indeed prime for a good SL with PenFed given the strength of your profile and recent activities 😁

I realize there's a good number of folks who are not PenFed BFFs, but different strokes for different folks I suppose. So, this leaves room for another CC, but I'm sure you can grow this one to their max exposure. Well done my friend!

Do you have the PLOC as well? I can't recall with all your vast approvals lol 😄

Appreciate use to have a PLOC with them, but found no use for it so closed it down as still have a LOC with other FI's.  Maybe one day ill hit the 50k cap.. Shall see. Penfed works for some and not others that is for sure.  

Message 7 of 28
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats CC!

Hey I thought the $50K max with them includes all unsecured credit such as PLOC, PL? Or is that $50K just for unsecured credit cards?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 28
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Congratulations @CreditCuriosity on your well-deserved success.and i am happy a lot buddy Smiley Tongue well done my friend a great Approval without a doubt Smiley Wink

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 9 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JR_TX wrote:

Congrats CC!

Hey I thought the $50K max with them includes all unsecured credit such as PLOC, PL? Or is that $50K just for unsecured credit cards?

Actually you are correct.  Thanks for correcting me for others DPs

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.