cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Amex Approved!

tag
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Amex Approved!

First credit card with PenFed.  Instant approval for $24,500 at 16.49%.  Current EQ Fico 08 is 732.  Risked based pricing e-mail shows PenFed pulled 702.  My Eq 09 is always quite a bit lower.  I'll take it!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Amex Approved!

Well done! Congratulations!

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

First credit card with PenFed.  Instant approval for $24,500 at 16.49%.  Current EQ Fico 08 is 732.  Risked based pricing e-mail shows PenFed pulled 702.  My Eq 09 is always quite a bit lower.  I'll take it!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

I love the fact that you dont need to choose an airline to use the $100 credit like AMEX makes you do.

Don't forget that Global Entry, got the credit about 3 days after the charge posted.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice SL. Congrats.

How many new cards/inquires in the last 6/12 months?

Thanks!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new here so at the risk of asking something from another thread...is it true that PenFed primarily pulls EQ?

My EQ vantage 03 score is much higher than my TU score, so I am wondering if I should give it a try. 

Message 5 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Penfed likes to pull EQ alot of the times.

Do you know your FICO EQ score? Vantage is pretty worthless and no lenders usually use that scoring model.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 12
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice SL. Congrats.

How many new cards/inquires in the last 6/12 months?

Thanks!

6 Inq on Eq in the last 6 months.  12 Inq on Eq in the last 12 months.  Mostly Navy Fed!

3 new credit card accounts in the last 6 months.  10 new credit cards in the last 12 months.  

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't aware of the Vantage score not being used by lenders much. I don't know my FICO EQ score but my Vantage score is 730. 

Message 8 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't aware of the Vantage score not being used by lenders much. I don't know my FICO EQ score but my Vantage score is 730. 

Nobody that I am aware of uses Vantage scores. You need to get your real FICO scores..

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO 8 is 682 and my FICO 9 is 699.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.