Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards

I have to agree with everyone else.  Jump in now before the two Chase accounts report.

Message 11 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ahhhh, another Lender I have to garden for. LOL..Was told by UW last time I applied that I needed at least 9 mo of no INQ to be considered, plus Im "Egyptian", lol...Congrats to you!!
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

I have to agree with everyone else.  Jump in now before the two Chase accounts report.

Looking into it as we speak! This is going to push my Chase Freedom app out a bit longer but probably worth it.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the approval !!

Message 15 of 27
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Cash Rewards!

Message 16 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Instant approval last night for 9k.  App status says "completed" this morning.  I don't remember the rate it gave me, but since it's a rewards card it really doesn't matter.  It let me add my 16 year old son as an AU during the Application process and this card will be used exclusively by him for gas while he's still at home and keeping his grades up.

That makes 2 new INQs on my EQ after going 6 months without any which is probably why I got 2 instant approvals.  Time to put EQ back on lock down!!

Nice work on making the best possible use of your INQ's after cooling them off for awhile.

Congratulations on BOTH approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Instant approval last night for 9k.  App status says "completed" this morning.  I don't remember the rate it gave me, but since it's a rewards card it really doesn't matter.  It let me add my 16 year old son as an AU during the Application process and this card will be used exclusively by him for gas while he's still at home and keeping his grades up.

That makes 2 new INQs on my EQ after going 6 months without any which is probably why I got 2 instant approvals.  Time to put EQ back on lock down!!

Nice work on making the best possible use of your INQ's after cooling them off for awhile.

Yeah it's not easy at all.  I live in Georgia where EVERYONE pulls EQ so my EQ was beat to death so since I subscribe to Complete Advantage it was easy to lock it down and it does work just not any fun.  I spent the last 6 months destroying EX and TU, so that made me feel better...  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Yeah it's not easy at all.  I live in Georgia where EVERYONE pulls EQ so my EQ was beat to death so since I subscribe to Complete Advantage it was easy to lock it down and it does work just not any fun.  I spent the last 6 months destroying EX and TU, so that made me feel better...  Smiley Happy

Haha let's trade! In UT everyone seems to pull Experian, with an occasional TU. My 1 EQ inquiry is from CapitalOne last summer... nobody else that I can find besides PenFed reliably pulls EQ here.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.