Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Platinum Rewards & Citi DC Approvals, WF PLOC Denial

tag
rafy023
Regular Contributor

PenFed Platinum Rewards & Citi DC Approvals, WF PLOC Denial

Good evening all!

Just wanted to give you all some info on my approvals so hopefully it'll help someone else out. I decided to go on a small app spree last night/this afternoon. I applied and was approved for the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature card. I was approved for $7,500 and 16.99% (higher than I would've liked but oh well) with no prior relationship. I joined the CU right after being approved for the card. By the way, the application asked for my household income (either that or the language where if you're 21 or over you can include income that is accessible to you... but I think it mentioned household). Either way, that helps a bit more as opposed to just your individual income. They did not ask for any POI. They did one EQ pull only and I only had to deposit $5 into the new savings account to finalize my membership (didn't ask me to join any organizations or anything like that).

Household Income: $140k

TU: 745

EQ: 763

EX: 742

No bankruptcies, collections, etc. I have one serious delinquency from 6.5 years ago that sometimes still shows up.

Then I decided to app for Citi DC to get the MC World Elite I've been wanting. I checked on the website and I was prequalified (I knew since they've been mailing me offers). The prequalification showed a set interest rate instead of a range. I app'ed and was approved for $14,400 and 15.49%! They pulled on EX and EQ. 

Finally, I have been banking with Wells Fargo for 10 years, have a cc with them (Propel Amex), and a mortgage. The other day I signed on to my account and got a message about their personal lines of credit. I hit the "remind me later" button and gave it some thought and figured why not? So today I tried for that and was given a denial. I asked for $25k, assuming the relationship with them would help and the fact that I have a little bit of money in the bank may at least get them to counter (I've heard of them countering in a follow up letter). Anyway, I'll wait and see when I get the letter but not getting my hopes up. Either way, this denial didn't really upset me considering the other two approvals.

Hope this is of some help to others! Ask away if you have any questions. 

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed Platinum Rewards & Citi DC Approvals, WF PLOC Denial

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes penfed recently changed and now you can use your household income.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A nice run there, grats to all Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🍾🎈 🎊 on your approvals @rafy023

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 5 of 13
rafy023
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I owe it to this forum... before coming here I'd never heard of PenFed and wasn't considering the Citi DC. 

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
Message 6 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new approvals!

Message 8 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Nice Approvals, Congrats!!!

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice jobSmiley Happy. Suprised at the Wellie denial but in the end there are cc's everywhere to be foundSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.