Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash Approved 03/24/18

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Power Cash Approved 03/24/18

Hey everybody, I was recently approved for the Power Cash on Saturday.

I had a slight mishap with the website when setting up my membership after approval and had to call in to finalize it. The CSR that I spoke with was extremely polite/helpful (even though it was about 6pm central time on a Saturday so, 7pm eastern).

I had been approved with a 3k SL.

It's on the lower end (which is fine, I can definitely work with that if necessary), however I had asked the phone rep on Saturday if it'd be possible to review it for a little higher CL for more usage. He was able to get ahold of somebody, but said that they had to wait for the card to actually be generated (Monday/Tuesday) before being able to actually mess with it so they have a true card/account number to modify.

Should I call in and request it verbally again once the card is generated, or just submit the survey that was emailed to me? Any "tips" on filling out the survey, if that's the recommended route? I don't want to come across as rude/unappreciative, because the gentleman that I did speak with on Saturday was amazing for a call center rep.

Any information is definitely welcomed.

Thanks in advance. I'll probably be checking back intermittently throughout the day, as I am currently at work.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed Power Cash Approved 03/24/18

Big congrats. PF seems to have become more skittish on recons recently but doesnt hurt to try. Just give another call either when you get the card and just let them know on the survey how you feel see how it goesSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! And yes I would call them back today or tomorrow so you can recon with them. Also mention it on their survey as well just to cover all your cards.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoirwrote:

Congrats! And yes I would call them back today or tomorrow so you can recon with them. Also mention it on their survey as well just to cover all your cards.

So, you'd probably recommend to go ahead and call sooner rather than later, then fill out the survey after the conversation and notate the results of the conversation to cover myself and the rep(s) that I speak with?

So that it doesn't appear as if I'm requesting an increase after already being granted one (assuming it gets approved over the phone) and then I could essentially notate that when I called back during the week they handled it well, and all will be good. In a perfect world, at least.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.