Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Power Cash Rewards

Before my auto loan reports and drops my score wanted to apply for this CU. Was on the bucket list. Appd online yesterday went to 24hr review, used The league. Called today to find out status. Approved. Nice people. EQ 695, many inquiries and accounts. Clean file.

Was asked if I wanted to apply for a product and chose this one Power Cash Rewards since I qualify for 2%. Approved for 6k @ 14.49%. Happy about that. Good Day for me. Easy process

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards

Congratulations, I'be been eyeing this one to maybe replace my DC. The EQ score you posted, was that their nextgen score or a fico8?
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! I like PenFed alot, but they just denied my app for that same card citing 'sufficient indebtedness', so I PIF'd the only balances I had and will try again next month.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't tell me my Next Gen score. The 695 was Fico 8, utility is 22% among 4 cards. Will report what it is when I get the welcome packet. The cc wasn't instant either went to UW for about 5 min.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thanks for the info
Message 5 of 17
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats! I like PenFed alot, but they just denied my app for that same card citing 'sufficient indebtedness', so I PIF'd the only balances I had and will try again next month.

That may not necessarily improve your chances of approval.  They may be talking about the amount of credit available to you, rather than just the current balances being reported.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Falere wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That may not necessarily improve your chances of approval.  They may be talking about the amount of credit available to you, rather than just the current balances being reported.

Not sure why you think that... 

in·debt·ed·ness
inˈdedədnəs/
noun
  1. the condition of owing money.
    "the industry is taking steps to reduce indebtedness and cut costs"
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will give you your NextGen score in your approval letter; you can see it online.
Congrats on your approval!! I was approved for this 12 days ago and it has already reported to my reports.
PenFed has been great to work with so far
Message 8 of 17
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations, I'be been eyeing this one to maybe replace my DC. The EQ score you posted, was that their nextgen score or a fico8?

how is this better than DC?

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GetMeSlick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

how is this better than DC?

DC Redemption games - The whole "1% when you buy and 1% when you pay" gimmick is well...gimmicky...and the redemption threshold is super annoying

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.