Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Promise Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Promise Approval!

I am overly excited right now as I am in the process of rebuilding and have quite a few baddies (some of which should be deleted soon) but in my quest to join NFCU, I read some good things about PenFed. I joined PenFed online (using my navy league membership as eligiblity) and was approved for membership. My FICO scores are in the low 600's but I figured I would try to apply for the PenFed promise card and the personal line of credit. The CC app said "Sent to Loan Officer" and the PLOC said the same. I just called in and was placed on the line with a loan officer (at nearly 10pm EST mind you) and although I was not approved for the PLOC because I wasn't able to use my spouses income, she approved for for a $1k limit on the CC!!! 

I have never been a member of a credit union but now I get the appeal as it seemed like she was able to not just rate my financial responsibilty by a score but actually look at my file and see that I have had positive history for quite some time now despite some baddies.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Promise Approval!

Congrats! What was your utilization on your existing cards at the time of applying?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total is about 25%.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations skighler1 on becoming a PenFed member & on your Promise approval!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: The score they used was a 659.
Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats my friendSmiley Happy When i got mine last year my nextgen was only 659 and i got 500 but its a start. I just got my first cli through recon , not much but enough for me, and i can attest that speaking directly with Penfed helps with the human element. Enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Now on to nfcu and then I'm done for at least a full year!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, seeing as you can apply for a few products with only one hard pull, I went for the PenFed gold visa and was approved for $1k as well. I called in and said I needed a little more for a balance transfer and was given $1.5k!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So, seeing as you can apply for a few products with only one hard pull, I went for the PenFed gold visa and was approved for $1k as well. I called in and said I needed a little more for a balance transfer and was given $1.5k!

Congratulations on your Gold visa approval & recon cli..PenFed is an awsome CU!!! I really like them so far, I'm sure you will too! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.