Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Visa Cash rewards approval

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

PenFed Visa Cash rewards approval

Good evening fico fam,

I just got approved for the Power rewards Visa, starting Limit is $3500, I spoke to the CSR for a CLI he said I should wait a couple of months and then pull the trigger. also don't they use the same HP for additional products if I wanted to apply?  My Fico 9 equifax was 739, i am itching to try for the Penfed Visa Gold.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed Visa Cash rewards approval

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 25
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

do they use the same hp if I wanted to go for another card?

Message 4 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

do they use the same hp if I wanted to go for another card?

I doubt  it ,they love to HP you

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I just got approved for the Power rewards Visa, starting Limit is $3500, I spoke to the CSR for a CLI he said I should wait a couple of months and then pull the trigger. also don't they use the same HP for additional products if I wanted to apply?  My Fico 9 equifax was 739, i am itching to try for the Penfed Visa Gold.

If you have the patience, perhaps wait 6 months to show spend and payment history. Then, when you apply for the Gold card, you can also request a CLI on the PCR. Hopefully, you'll get a decent starting limit and CLI.

Message 6 of 25
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

If you have the patience, perhaps wait 6 months to show spend and payment history. Then, when you apply for the Gold card, you can also request a CLI on the PCR. Hopefully, you'll get a decent starting limit and CLI.

So its not a good idea to go after the Gold Visa Now?

Message 7 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AllZero wrote:

I agree it's a smaller starting line wth them. I would wait , your scores may be great but PF is a stickler about your total lines versus your income .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

So its not a good idea to go after the Gold Visa Now?

I don't know your profile, it may be another $3,500 starting limit if approved?

Message 9 of 25
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Woot woot!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.