Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed am I good to go ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed am I good to go ?

I applied last Friday for the Pathfinder Amex and got instant approval for $7500.00 I was excited until later that night my approval changed to under review.  I called and they couldnt give me any info told me to call the next morning so I did.  I was told on Saturday my application was locked and that they couldnt do anything with it and to call back Monday.  Monday comes and I call back and they tell me that I need to give them another 24 hours.  Meanwhile after the call my original application says withdrawn and a new application with a different application number pops up and says approved.  I felt relieved until yesterday morning and again my application that said approved the previous day went back to under review.  At this point I am getting irritated.  Whats the problem? The reps cannot give me any answers.  I call back again yesterday and was put on hold for a really long time.  The rep comes back and tells me they are going to "push" my card out.  I didnt understand what she meant but she said I should receive the card in 3-7 business days.  Anyhow.. this morning I logged into my PenFed account and my New Amex is listed in my accounts with the last 4 digits of the card etc.  However I tried to balance transfer and it told me it couldnt be completed and to contact member services.  When I click on the card it says my available credit is $7,500 yet it says status: inactive.  I am new to PenFed so dont understand whats been happening.. Anyone have a clue if I am good with my approval since the card shows in my account and if so why cant I do a balance transfer and why is the card showing inactive status?  Help! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: PenFed am I good to go ?

Not a problem. Just wait till the card arrives and activate it and it will change to active. Pretty simple. As to a BT I know they have it for the Power Cash because I keep getting emails for mine but the Pathfinder which I also have I never get any mails for a BT offer on that card so I am not sure they have any BT offers on it. Anyways, just wait the card arrives, activate it and then you can call them again or secure message them on the app and they usually get back too you pretty quick. Good luck, enjoy the card as I have and have fun. PenFed is easy to work with once you finally get in. Tech is a bit outdated but whatever.
Message 2 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your appoval.

I think they are experiencing technical difficulties. Myself, I couldn't access an e-doc to sign. So they snail mailed it to me instead.
Message 3 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

PS: Can't wait for @AJC to chime inSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your PenFed approval!! (Even if it was a confusing one 😅)
Message 5 of 15
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Again, congratulations on your approval!!! I am happy to hear you got the original limit you were approved for. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all ... I’m pretty happy ... I opened an access America checking and an overdraft LOC today too.. I’m hoping things go well with PenFed I have been wanting to get in with them for a long time 😀
Message 7 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting in with Penfed.

Membership + Amex card + checking account + CLOC

How many HPs did you have to take? 
Penfed has been going a lil wonkers on the HPs recently

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined back in April 2018 took a HP then and just one go for Amex checking and OLOC
Message 9 of 15
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Hi OP, if you have high salary ( over 100k) they may ask for POI. I was hit with poi myself and cleared after. 

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.