Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed & Navy CLI's

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

PenFed & Navy CLI's

I decided to wrap up my most recent app spree with 2 last HP's on my Navy Plat MC and PenFed Platinum cards. 

PenFed Platinum Rewards $25k to $30k

-Opened 06/2015

-Applied Online 08/27

-Approved by 9am 08/28 via email

-No additional information was asked for

-Pulled EQ Fico 9 (797)

NFCU Platinum Mastercard - $25k to $33k

-Opened 04/2016

-Applied Online 08/27

-After seeing the PenFed approval so early I decided to just call NFCU. The agent told me it was denied and that I'd get a letter in the mail. 

-08/29 I was just paying my NFCU bill and noticed the limit was changed to $33k! 

-No approval email/text/alert and no additional information was asked for

-Pulled EQ Fico 8 (754)

Navy & PenFed Rock! These are my first (2) cards to hit $30k+ Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 9.55.19 PM.png

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed & Navy CLI's

@credit_is_crack wrote:

I decided to wrap up my most recent app spree with 2 last HP's on my Navy Plat MC and PenFed Platinum cards. 

PenFed Platinum Rewards $25k to $30k

-Opened 06/2015

-Applied Online 08/27

-Approved by 9am 08/28 via email

-No additional information was asked for

-Pulled EQ Fico 9 (797)

NFCU Platinum Mastercard - $25k to $33k

-Opened 04/2016

-Applied Online 08/27

-After seeing the PenFed approval so early I decided to just call NFCU. The agent told me it was denied and that I'd get a letter in the mail. 

-08/29 I was just paying my NFCU bill and noticed the limit was changed to $33k! 

-No approval email/text/alert and no additional information was asked for

-Pulled EQ Fico 8 (754)

Nice,,,, you are on the roll !! fastastic CL on both cards, congrats Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job CiCSmiley Happy i just love Navy's noncommunicationSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 14
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

I won't blame them if they say "we save money by giving it right to you versus spending money on letters and banners!" Lol
Message 4 of 14
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the the increases!  So with Navy Federal no POI requested going from $25k to $33k CL?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 14
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

I had read quite a few posts that I shouldn't be surprised for a POI request, but they didn't ask for anything. It was just the standard HP. I thought PenFed would be more inclined to ask but they didn't either
Message 6 of 14
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Excellent data point. There was another member this week who requested the same amount and was approved but via a sp.As were under the assumption asking for anything past $25K presents the possibility of POI being required . Thanks for the info and congrats again On hitting that $30k plateau on your credit cards.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 7 of 14
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Nice,,,, you are on the roll !! fastastic CL on both cards, congrats Smiley Wink

Thank You! 

Message 8 of 14
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

So when I applied for these increases I had submitted an app for membership at Alliant. Got my welcome email yesterday and a call from a rep. I missed the call but in the voicemail and email she mentioned going over some of the other products. i replied via email and brought up looking for a low rate card and she mentioned a 680 TU score or higher would get me approved and the rate would vary based on the credit score. She said it was a TU softpull and I dont know enough about Alliant to say if that would be true.

my TU is 783 so I wonder what kind of SL they might offer if i applied for their platinum card. I'm considering it..

I think i've read they can be a bit conservative so worried they'd approve a lower credit limit being new to the credit union and my first card with them, but if they do SP CLI's then might be worth a 2nd look..thoughts?

Message 9 of 14
shoegal
Valued Contributor

They pulled TU FICO 09 and it's an HP to get the card and CLI. They do give big limits but like clean credit profiles.

My mom got hers without POI, big limit but not instant approval. It went to a loan officer and he emailed her the approval.

I wasn't that lucky my FICO 09 is 621 and I've 6 paid charge-offs that they absolutely hated and denied me. Hope that helps!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.