Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed "AJC Special" CLI (SP)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed "AJC Special" CLI (SP)

I opened my Penfed Power Cash Visa 7/3/18 and waited one month to hit the luv button (today). Automatically approved for a $500 increase from $6500 to $7000! I wasn't really expecting anything since the account is new, so I was pleasantly surprised. I even considered sending an SM recon to ask for $3000 more so I can hit the new member $10,000 cap, but quickly kiboshed that idea since I don't want to spook them. Will try another CLI in 31 days.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed AJC Special CLI (SP)

Good job, missliz. I have a new account with them as well and didn't know this was possible. Cool!

Message 2 of 18
rbentley
Established Contributor

congrats! I think the conventional wisdom on here is that you need to wait 6 months with PenFed for a CLI. Obviously that was not the case for you. Can you tell us if it was a HP?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:
congrats! I think the conventional wisdom on here is that you need to wait 6 months with PenFed for a CLI. Obviously that was not the case for you. Can you tell us if it was a HP?

I haven't gotten an HP alert (and I generally get an immediate alert from all the monitering services I use,) but when I opened it I was told the HP would be good for 90 days, so I'm sticking with SP. I will update if that changes.

Message 4 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fantastic jobSmiley Happy.

That's actually a really nice feat. For me even if I used a hp for Penfed, and I have quite a few, they say you can reuse the same hp from 30 to 90 days depending. My thing is , how in the heck are you going to approve me for more or something else if I couldnt get it on 1st pull lol. That's why I'm impressed when you can get more off 1st pull.

Enjoy , looks like you have more to look forward to in the futureSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 18
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed "AJC Special" CLI (SP)

Congrats on the CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 18
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats!!

I enjoy hearing about others success with PenFed.

I never get offers or CLI from PenFed so I live vicariously through MyFicoers Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's pretty amazing. Congratulations! I love PenFed!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, that's pretty amazing. Congratulations! I love PenFed!

I love Penfed, too!

Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

" I love Penfed like I love...Tv" Smiley Wink obscure quote adjusted to my needs lol. Maybe, Jago22 or Miesterbro might figure what movieSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.