Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed recon

tag
RootDet
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed recon

Congrats!  with any luck, you can keep raising it through preapproved offers. 

Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your step-father.  I wish you and your family well.  I hope things start to look better for you.

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

A1, I just said that I was wondering where my scores needed to be to get a larger amount.  They asked if I had any balance transfers and I said no, but told them that I wanted to have PenFed as my 'main' card that I'd use for all my purchases and bills, so that I could keep everything in one place.  She said she would see what she could do and would talk with the loan officer.  I was on hold for about 7 minutes (I was getting worried that nothing could be done) and she came back and told me what the new limit was and there I was, all stunned on the recon.

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Disabled-Vet.  Yes... time to garden now.. 

Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received an email about an auto loan, so who knows....

Message 25 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Uh oh....Smiley Wink
Message 26 of 38
fmctatum
Valued Member

@DUISlayer wrote:

Hmmm... I got declined for PenFed. Wondering if I should try a recon. Never done it before. Guess I'll have to search the forums to see what's involved.

In case you haven't started researching yet, try calling and request to speak with a loan officer about the decline. Explain that you want to use Pen Fed as your main credit union and explain any of the issues they listed as reasons for denial. Be super nice. For a lot of people, this works. However, for others,including me, completing the survey that comes via email is the next opportunity.  Explain that you are disappointed in the results, explain any of the issues they listed as reasons for denial. And make sure you check/complete the appropriate boxes about wanting a phone call to discuss. 

Message 27 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

1k to 15k?? Awesomeness!! PF has been good to me as well. Congrats!
Message 28 of 38
jc2
Regular Contributor

Nice recon! I love Penfed...they have become one of my favorite accounts.

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.  WIth my starting over, they have jumped into the lead.  But, Am Ex and Capitol One will have their chances as well, I hope.  Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.