Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed survey recon approval for PC rewards Visa

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

PenFed survey recon approval for PC rewards Visa

And after applying for a Power cash rewards Visa last night,  and then getting shot down for too many inquiries (70+) and also for a BK that is not currently on my reports and has aged off months ago (Fresh HP was done last night for this app) , I got the survey in my email today. I told them i wasn't happy because I was declined for a BK that isn't even showing on my current reports and can't physically be on the report that they pulled last night.  Well, 20 minutes later to the minute, my phone rings. I saw the 402 area code phone #, and figured it was PenFed. It was. The rep that called me immediately told me that they were very sorry for the error that THEY had made, and told me that they were going to go ahead and approve me for the card with a 10k SL. @14.74% (2 % lower than my other PenFed cards)So easy. And, I didnt even have to ASK for anything - they told me right up front that they had made the error. But, most interestingly, they pretty much alluded to the fact that this was a human, and not a computer error. (as in stating that they had "keyed in the wrong code", which brings me to my theory below). I have had good luck with the survey once before with them, but I am amazed. I still cant believe that they called me back that fast after the survey, I think last time they called a day after I did the survey

Oh, they did give me crap for all of my Inq. LOL.. I told the that they were from my rebuild, and they did tell me nice job.... 

Which leads me to my next theory. I know that in the past people have said it if you joined with a dirty report, you will never ever see the quarterly offers, even after you clean your report up. I have a suspicion that if you join with a bankruptcy on your EQ that you are put into a bucket that you cannot escape from, unless they let you out of it. Does anybody think there might be some truth to that?

Moral of the story. If you get denied by PenFed, the survey is the key :

FYI NexGen is 712

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed survey recon approval for PC rewards Visa

Congrats on the successful recon. 🍾🎉🎊🎈🐬. I think there s something to your theory. 

Message 2 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Still waiting to hear back from the survey where I said please contact me. This was on July 18th Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats tire guySmiley Happy Im dirtySmiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

Which leads me to my next theory. I know that in the past people have said it if you joined with a dirty report, you will never ever see the quarterly offers, even after you clean your report up.

I've heard this said before, but I can confirm this is not necessarily true.  It took me 18 months to see the quarterly offers after joining dirty.

Congrats on the recon!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y'all need to quit ridin' durty.  Welcome to my house.  All I do is win win win win win.

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Perfect, that means in October Penfed should open the vault to average CLEAN joeSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and great work!!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
SarahJo
Established Contributor

I JUST completed my survey after a CLOC and checking account approval, but getting an auto refi denial..interested to see what happens.

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CJ7 wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

Which leads me to my next theory. I know that in the past people have said it if you joined with a dirty report, you will never ever see the quarterly offers, even after you clean your report up.

I've heard this said before, but I can confirm this is not necessarily true.  It took me 18 months to see the quarterly offers after joining dirty.

Congrats on the recon!

Where do you see the quarterly offers?    Edit: Nevermind I found the quaterly offers master thread. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.