Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed 60k total!!!!!

tag
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed 60k total!!!!!

WOW! Congratulations on the massive SLs!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 11 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I'm curious. With your other recent thread, you say you now have over 25 cards. Penfed is well known to not give alot of credit to those with lots of credit. It's been shown here recently. 50k is a max sl and that is rare even for the high rollers. Mind sharing your current profile dps like income, total credit limits, utilization , etc. ?

I congratulate you on a great accomplishment but hope you can shed more light on this massive approval. There was another poster who got some slack for a massive approval so I feel when posting an approval with such uniqueness, data points can help very much. Thank you
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a member for a year or so haha 

Honestly, this 50k cc is the most I have on one single card!

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income: 65k

Utilization: 1% across all cards

Total credit limit: $278,500

I'm not positive which one they pulled but here are my scores: TU is 762, EX 789 EQ 778 as of right now. 

AAOA: 24 months

20180710_125253.jpg

Message 14 of 24
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Ermahgerd.jpg

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the awesome approval! Thanks for the screenshot. Interesting, PenFed is willing to give exposure near 100% of your income. Is this normal PenFed pros? If so, I need to put them back on my radar after my “gardening stint.”

I’m a PenFed member and got denied for recent inquires back in December. I figured they thought I had excessive available credit elsewhere, at the time.
Message 16 of 24
imaximous
Valued Contributor

That's pretty awesome. Good for you!
And this shows again that nothing in the credit world is a science as much as we'd like to use DPs for prospective applications.
It'd been said that you need a minimum of $15k monthly income to reach maximum exposure with Penfed in unsecured credit.
This isn't the first member to prove that theory wrong.
Message 17 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you for sharing. Points, that is def not normal. I cant even get a new loan with them and I've been a member 2 years, perfect payment history, still a year early on my pl. They wont extend me any credit saying due to income and available credit. I also have fico9 800 with them.

We did see a poster recently get 50k with a 50k income sub 670 and 2 cards in profile below 3k. Penfed never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks again on sharing and congratsSmiley Happy
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

that felling is like winning lottery ...50k SL is crazy .. i might try Penfed on my next app

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im at work right now and i literally took a break just to respond to this crazy approval!!!!!! What in the world????????!!!! That is so awesome!!!!!

I scrolled down so fast to see if you shared data points!!! So thanks for sharing all this info!!! C.O.N.G.R.A.T.S!!!!! You must be so happy!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.