cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Approvals (Gold and PCR) - is a 3rd possible?

tag
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Penfed Approvals (Gold and PCR) - is a 3rd possible?

I've been trying to get a Penfed forever and just didn't have the score/file for a card.  Finally today after reading a few threads I pulled the trigger and was approved for the gold with a 667 score on the Penfed site.  $7500 limit.  I'm doing my happy dance!!!  Nice way to go into the weekend with a card that will help my Util.

Problem is I got a little too excited and pulled the trigger also for the Power Cash Rewards and then got the "Under Review" message.  I guess I should have done more research about apping for multiples back to back.  

Should I have waited or is it OK to app back to back with Penfed? Also, when should I try a CLI or does Penfed do auto increases?

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed Approval

Congrats on the approval and the nice SL.

Current Cards:
Message 2 of 25
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Unfortunately cannot answer your other questions but there are so many knowledgeable people here that will. Love these forums!

Message 3 of 25
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval.  Back to back apps are fine, actually encouraged, since they're going to use the same pull for both applications.

Message 4 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your PenFed Gold approval.

Message 5 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ccpat wrote:

I've been trying to get a Penfed forever and just didn't have the score/file for a card.  Finally today after reading a few threads I pulled the trigger and was approved for the gold with a 667 score on the Penfed site.  $7500 limit.  I'm doing my happy dance!!!  Nice way to go into the weekend with a card that will help my Util.

Problem is I got a little too excited and pulled the trigger also for the Power Cash Rewards and then got the "Under Review" message.  I guess I should have done more research about apping for multiples back to back.  

Should I have waited or is it OK to app back to back with Penfed? Also, when should I try a CLI or does Penfed do auto increases?

Thanks!!!

Congrats on your PenFed Gold approval @ccpat 🥳. 

Yes, one can apply back-to-back for another card but results will vary. Some folks have been approved while others have not -- it's all profile-specific.

As far as auto-CLIs, those are fairly rare with PenFed.  They're typically HP if you request one. Another DP to keep in mind is that their Gold card caps at $15K, IIRC. 

Message 6 of 25
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

congratulations 🎊🎈 🎉 on your PenFed approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 7 of 25
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@ccpat 

congrats_hotdog.JPG

Potential Future Cards
Message 8 of 25
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your PenFed Gold Visa approval

Message 9 of 25
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.