Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Approved for much less!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Approved for much less!!!!

So, I pulled the trigger for the last time and applied for a Penfed card. GOt an instant approval for $50,000!!!!! so I thought. After 24 hours in pending status, I could not take anymore and called the cs#. After 11 minutes on hold, they told me the best that they could do was a $2,000 limit. I am not a complainer and I get it. That is hilarious. I guess that they go by the score and the income and spit out a number until they go to UW. Oh well, an approval is an approval, no matter how small. I am done for now. I will garden for a few months then get some CLIs and then I will go for an AMEX. then I will know that I have finally made it.lol. Thank you all for all of our info and insight. This website is amazing. I have learned so much and I am greatful that this site exists. See you you in the garden. All cards in the last 30 days. Im done

Ex:676 EQ:709 TU:719

DOnt know how to add the cc in the signature

VS:250, Barclay Rewards:500 Discover IT:1500 Chase SW:8500, Citi Simplicity :2000 PenFed:2000 Barclay Arrival :1000 Sidney THomas:17,700

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Penfed Approved for much less!!!!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Well at least you got it, congrats!  It took me many attempts to get in and they only gave me $1k lol.

Since you took the hard pull, you might want to look at the Thrifty Service.  They are good about using the same hard pull if you apply now (I got it within 90 days of the hard pull).

Message 3 of 9
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Congrats! I had to recon for mine and got them to approve. It's been at $500 for almost two years... I refuse to take a HP for them to say I can't have more likely citing pyramiding because of all my accounts. Still waiting for a quarterly preapproval.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your PenFed approval!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 7 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on at least getting the "much less" CLI!! Keeping the fingers crossed for a better make up limit next go 'round for ya'.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.