Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Denfender Amex CLI approved on recon

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Penfed Denfender Amex CLI approved on recon

I've been scrapping the bottom of the barrel trying to get every little bit I can get so that I wouldn't have to do a store card.  Applied for a cli on my Defender Amex on September 1st and that was denied.  Submitted a cli on my Promise Visa on September 9th and then decided to cancel that because there was no way I was getting approved for that.  I instead sent a secure message to Penfed asking them to reconsider my cli request on the Defender Amex.  This time I asked them to take Defender Amex from 10k to 17k.  I called in to check the status and to make sure that the promise visa cli was cancelled.  Rep said he got his supervisor to look at my secure messsage and the supervisor said looking at the request that their original decision would stand.  I regrettably told the rep to cancel both request (Promise Visa and Defender Amex). I got a message from Penfed on September 10th that they recieved my secure message and that I would receive a decision within 24-48 hours.  I said what the heck, I'll let it run its course because the rep said he cancelled both request.  I decided to check at 3:00am on the 11th and low and behold it said approved so I went through the steps and saw that I didn't get the whole 7k, but got 3k.  My first successful recon with Penfed albeit partial.  I got $3,550 left to go.  Not to discuss politics here, but I feel like I'm running a campaign with so many paths to get to $1,000,000 in the (credit) electoral college.  I have three options with cli requests from FNBO next month and they have always given me increases of $2,500 per card.  In addition to next month with FNBO, I have three other cards with them that will be eligible for cli's in December.  Discover is up in November and they have always given me $2,000.  CITI is up later this month and I've usually gotten $1,500 with them.  I also can try for my 6th Huntington card after November 29th and they have given me $12,000 on all existing five cards I have.  I also threw a hail mary with Commerce Bank (thanks to encouragement of CM7) with the Drury Visa (finally got the HP early this morning).  It looks like this will happen this year after all.  I was really doubtful.     

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Penfed Denfender Amex CLI approved on recon

The milestone is oh so close within reach now. Busy as a bee on that. All the best!

Congrats! 12njoy.

Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

All.......most....there.....Smiley Wink

Nice recon 12, feels good to turn a no into a booking dot YEAHHHHHHHHSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

12njoy- hopefully that Commerce Drury app will work out for you. Just watch for strange things with the approval process.. I still haven't heard from them, although the card is showing on all 3 CRA now... Good luck.. Maybe you'll get $15k - your scores aren't too far off of mine

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
All.......most....there.....Smiley Wink

Nice recon 12, feels good to turn a no into a booking dot YEAHHHHHHHHSmiley Wink

Bwhahahahaha! I love the commercial for the teacher. The little girl has the phone and says "hello?" but then the teacher takes the phone back and the girl says "ugh" when its taken from her. Im note sure why I find it funny but I do.

Sorry for the hijak....it's Joseph's fault Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Dad, thats the commercial i loveSmiley Wink 12shouldnt mind, he'll be booking that celebration cruise soon enough. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 14
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

I'm really surprised that Penfed hasn't accused you of being an Egyptian. People with 1/10th of your lines get turned down by them because of it. 

Message 7 of 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Very nice!

Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 12! Inching closer all the time. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is so EXCITING!  Congratulations!

Party when this happens!  At least virtual party here.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.