Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Gold Card approved - bit disappointed

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Gold Card approved - bit disappointed

Congratulations on your PenFed Gold approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the Gold card Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Congrats, take it and run!

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations with your new Penfed account.  
Similarly, I too just joined.  Haven't done anything yet with them other than establish membership.

Seems like you're on a good start!!!

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY all for the well wishes - true enough, I should be grateful I was extended credit, given these times and the fact I have no relationship with PenFed.

On top of which the account rep I dealt with bent over backwards to get me my membership, so yeah, enough whining on my part!

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOO! Ride that PENFED train! Congrats on the approval!

Message 16 of 21
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TY. Good news is I got to know what the latest EQ score is as I just saw an email from PenFed and they had the score at 780.

Which hopefully meant the 60 day derog back on Nov 13 is deleted!

Now off to see if 800s are possible!

You're welcome. Congratulations on your score success. PenFed provided the EQ9 score.

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Question about creditchecktotal : I already have the FREE Experian account, which I sometimes order the non-free one on occasion and then cancel before payment is required. CCT says they are part of Experian - can you have a CCT account AND a FREE EX account - or when I try to set up a CCT account will it say you are already a member?

Potential Future Cards
Message 17 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TY. Good news is I got to know what the latest EQ score is as I just saw an email from PenFed and they had the score at 780.

Which hopefully meant the 60 day derog back on Nov 13 is deleted!

Now off to see if 800s are possible!

You're welcome. Congratulations on your score success. PenFed provided the EQ9 score.

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Question about creditchecktotal : I already have the FREE Experian account, which I sometimes order the non-free one on occasion and then cancel before payment is required. CCT says they are part of Experian - can you have a CCT account AND a FREE EX account - or when I try to set up a CCT account will it say you are already a member?

@Wavester64 .I do not think you can have both. I think system will recognize you all ready have an account?

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

disappointed with a $10,000 SL.

ok. LOL

Message 19 of 21
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

disappointed with a $10,000 SL.

ok. LOL

They were disappointed with the APR/rate, not the SL. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.