Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed OMG!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed OMG!!!

Trying for penfed for 3 years!!! Only approved for 500 🙄 Oh well I am in! Lowest credit card I have....
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed OMG!!!

MyFICO is 732 income 146k and lowest cl is 1100 and highest 18500 plus two amx npsl but average 10k a month on. my amx premier rewards... I'm in finally what the hell do I do with 500 dollars?? Someone help with penfed cli
Message 2 of 14
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats on you approval m8, wow after 3 yrs  ...they denied few times for too much credit avl ( 1.5 mill).

Hope you'll get some cli fast.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on finally getting in. Although it is only $500, an approval is an approval. 

Check out this thread, you may find what you are looking for or get better responses:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pentagon-Federal-Credit-Union-Data-Share/td...

PenFed is known to offer quarterly pre-approvals for products. YMMV of course. But if you see a pre-approved credit card or CLI offer show up this would be an easy way to get an increase (people have had luck using the pre-approval for a second credit card instead to get a CLI on the existing card). 

In the meantime, I would use the card for small items (Starbucks, Netflix) to show usage. Others might have more insight for you. Good luck! 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my NFCU account for more than two years.  Even got a pre-approval a couple of times and didn't go for it.  I decided to take a hard pull and sign up for PenFed with FICOs in the 780s.  They wanted to see a second person on my account for additional income purposes (revolving lines are twice my income).  Two days later a pre-approval shows up in snail mail from NFCU.  Typed in the code and bam!  $18,000 SL.

I will keep the PenFed account but looking at your income and seeing your starting limit and I'm no longer excited about the credit union.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting in the proverbial door! It will grow!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bshaw14 I got the Promise CC from PenFed a little over a month ago with a $1,000SL (credit score 710+, 2 year credit history). Requested CLI a week after which was denied because account was too new. two weeks ago I requested a CLI again which was approved - new limit $4,000. A couple minutes later, I decided to apply for the PowerCash Rewards as well and was approved for $5,000SL. So $1,000 -> $9,000 with PenFed in a little over a month. Not too shabby Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Bshaw14 I got the Promise CC from PenFed a little over a month ago with a $1,000SL (credit score 710+, 2 year credit history). Requested CLI a week after which was denied because account was too new. two weeks ago I requested a CLI again which was approved - new limit $4,000. A couple minutes later, I decided to apply for the PowerCash Rewards as well and was approved for $5,000SL. So $1,000 -> $9,000 with PenFed in a little over a month. Not too shabby Smiley Happy

Did they every inquire about your reason for the increase.  I got both the Power Cash and Promise card last month I would like to try and get an increase if it wouldn't require another hard pull...

Message 8 of 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Trying for penfed for 3 years!!! Only approved for 500 🙄 Oh well I am in! Lowest credit card I have....

CALL them. ASK for a loan officer. Explain your disappointment in your SL. ASK for them to recon. IF that doesnt work, then fill out the survey that they will email you, and explain your disappointment about your SL in the survey. They WILL call you back, and you will probably get a better SL  - they are AWESOME

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting in. Did you recon yet?

Ive only got 500 bucks but nowhere near your income so you should be able to get some more luvin . Surveys are key with them. Since i only had my looks to counteroffer, and it aint pretty, i have to sit tight with my "big " limit but hopefully youll do betterSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.