cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Offer--SP CLI **UPDATE 1-12-19**...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Penfed Offer--SP CLI **UPDATE 1-12-19**...

After the AR last week I had SP offers ranging from $31.2k for a CC to $50k for a new or used auto loan. Decided last Sunday after reading the forums to take it as a CLI on my existing Promise card and filled out the form. Checked on Tuesday and the application shows "transferred" and has been in that status since. Does it normally take a while to process for a CLI with a pre-approved offer? Not in a hurry or anything--but just wondering about the possibility of them changing their mind also even though it was a pre-approved offer. Also there are a couple of cards I plan to close pending this approval. UPDATE 1-12-19--Officially approved as of today 1-12-19. I called in and the very helpful CSR took a look at the application and said there was a linkage problem causing the app to be stuck. She took about 4 or 5 minutes and corrected the situation. Now officially my highest CL. Before the call I was wishing I had saved my screenshots of the offers--but it turned out not to have been necessary thank goodness...But next time I will as a precaution!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed Offer--SP CLI Application...

I believe mine took 2-3 days to populate on my accounts page.

That said; I wouldn't close any cards until it's showing up properly. 

I'm sure it will go through eventually.  You can always call them and say: Hey, what gives? LOL

Fantastic offer BTW...  Good for you! 00bravosmiley.gif

Message 2 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The last one went through in a day. As Pika says 2 to 3 days has been the norm. I called in once because it seemed to be stuck. The next day the CLs were where they should be.
Message 3 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

This is a long-shot, but I'm kinda thinking the gov't shutdown may have triggered a lot of new loan apps--thus bogging down processing times slightly. But I'll just continue to wait it out.

@Pik-a-boo: Thanks--I was COMPLETELY FLOORED when I saw those offers b/c my card is only 7 mos. old and I've only been with Penfed a little over a year. Also the cards I'm going to shut down were chopping block candidates from all last year anyway. Just didn't want to drop my total available credit too much so I was waiting for the Penfed CLI to start reporting first.

BUSINESS
Message 4 of 7
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That’s a pretty nice SP CLI!

On the other hand I got a SP TT Offer! Lol
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed Offer--SP CLI **UPDATE 1-12-19**...

Update in beginning of the thread. Mods: feel free to move to approvals section if deemed necessary.

BUSINESS
Message 6 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed Offer--SP CLI **UPDATE 1-12-19**...

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.