Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX

I've had quite the uphill challenge trying to get more love from PenFed. Have had the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature for over two years that  I obtained through recon originally. Started at 5K and I've taken multiple HPs to get it to 20K. Never have had any offers. Have been declined for  "sufficient obligated with with unsecured indebtness"over and over.  They aren't wrong. Knowing they pull EQ and noticing that my Fico Score 9 got a bump from 757 to 771, I felt more comfortable trying again.

INSTANTLY APPROVED for $21,500 at 15.99%. So gratifying to be able to get something from PenFed without going through recon or a survey. This card has no annual fee. And I plan to use it for the $100 credit for Global Entry (once every 5 years) and $100 travel credit per year. It also comes with 25,000 points when spending $2,500 in the first three months. 

Pathfinders.PNG

My plan is to evenutally combine the Platinum Rewards Visa into the Pathfinder Rewards AMEX.  2019 will be the year of culling more cards to make room for a few new ones I have my eyes on. It will also be the year I pay off my car loan, also with PenFed. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Very nice limit!

Message 3 of 4
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Great card and great SL, congrats on the progress with Penfed!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.