Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Platinum Rewards VISA signature approval

tag
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Penfed Platinum Rewards VISA signature approval

Approved at 5k. Poi was required. I know this is their minimum on this card but happy to have my feet in the door with them. At the time of app my EQ is 767 AAOA 2 yrs 8months. I do have a discharged bk7 from 2016 but does not show on my EQ CB.
I am curious though will it hurt to apply for a second card with them and if so will they use the same HP? Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Platinum Rewards VISA signature approval

Most likely thay will use the same HP for the next 30 days so go ahead. The only thing that I can see stopping you is lack of Penfed history.

Good luck and congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 7
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you.. massbounce.gif

I believe you would have better luck on a second card after some history with them.

My SL was $10,000. 4-5 months ago and I haven't tried for any CLI or second card yet- I believe like NFCU, they give you the max they're willing at first and will raise that in limits & other products after some history.

It's obviously up to you..

Again Congrats!

Message 3 of 7
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! I'm currently eyeing that card as one of my next hopeful approvals ... Got some slight gardening to do first Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Thank you and you have a really good point. I did ended up applying for the second card and was not approved for it. Now i know for the future. Thank you
Message 5 of 7
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS on your PenFed Approval!!!CONGRATS on your PenFed Approval!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.