Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa

So I've been saying I'm not going to app for any other cards, but I have been wanting this one so I figured why not. I was approved for $5,000 which is fine but when I got the survery I figured I would just say I would have liked a higher credit limit. I got a call today and spoke with a super nice underwriter and they bumped my credit line to $24,500. I wish I could've taken a picture of my face when I heard that number. I always knew Penfed was awesome, but I mean seriously come on! So thankful for them. Now I am seriously done app-ing!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa

AWESOME increase from the rep, and congratulations on your new PenFed card.
Care to share any stats from this approval?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure!
TU-715
EQ-716
EX-683

Income is around the $60k mark. Rebuilding from 2013, scores were in the 500's (house was in foreclosure, lots of credit card debt). Was able to dig myself out, my ex was able to refinance the house out of my name and thankfully didn't claim BK. Hope that helps some Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes; only other thing to know would be utility.

Navy Fed could be another to help you on continuing to rebuild
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at about 2% utilization right now.

I thought about Navy Fed but the whole process is more than I am willing right now. I have some awesome cards so I'm not complaining either Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

DANG, SMCSmiley Happy I am super excited for you. This is fantastic to see that not only did you get the card you wanted, you also got it wrapped, bowed, and hand delivered by Santa himself, id be jelly but im more peanut butter and .......Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
DANG, SMCSmiley Happy I am super excited for you. This is fantastic to see that not only did you get the card you wanted, you also got it wrapped, bowed, and hand delivered by Santa himself, id be jelly but im more peanut butter and .......Smiley Wink

Best comment of the day award, as always, to AJC Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Smiley Happy They love me, they really love me....Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! Congratulations! I love PenFed and this card is my staple card! Enjoy!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.