Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Power Cash + Amex Everyday Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Power Cash + Amex Everyday Approval

Approved last week but I wanted to wait for the data before posting, so here it is.

Applied for Penfed first. I Joined and opened savings account online, once i got that set up i applied and opened a checking account. Total was about an hour to get everything set up then applied for the Power Cash, was not instant and got an email to call about my checking account. Called and answered a couple questions about the checking then I asked him about the Power Cash, he put me on hold and came and said it was approved for 5k sl. Got the letter today and they pulled EQ 759, 759!!! I was more excited about that then card (500s 18 months ago) might have to recon the SL knowing what they pulled now.

Amex Everyday, waited a week after my score updated on their site (20 point increase) and instant approval for 2k. I guess a week was to soon, got the card today and it was my old score of 705. So I took a gamble after I got the account set up and requested a 3x CLI, got the dreaded 7-10 day message. 10 minutes later I checked my account and my new limit was 6k!! 

Into the garden for a year now, next stop will be a home loan. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Power Cash + Amex Everyday Approval

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!!!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos to you for being able to wait long enough to get data and then providing those data points to us.

Major congrats on your credit journey (500s to a FICO 9 of 759!) and new approvals and CLI. Inspiring stuff.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved last week but I wanted to wait for the data before posting, so here it is.

Applied for Penfed first. I Joined and opened savings account online, once i got that set up i applied and opened a checking account. Total was about an hour to get everything set up then applied for the Power Cash, was not instant and got an email to call about my checking account. Called and answered a couple questions about the checking then I asked him about the Power Cash, he put me on hold and came and said it was approved for 5k sl. Got the letter today and they pulled EQ 759, 759!!! I was more excited about that then card (500s 18 months ago) might have to recon the SL knowing what they pulled now.

Amex Everyday, waited a week after my score updated on their site (20 point increase) and instant approval for 2k. I guess a week was to soon, got the card today and it was my old score of 705. So I took a gamble after I got the account set up and requested a 3x CLI, got the dreaded 7-10 day message. 10 minutes later I checked my account and my new limit was 6k!! 

Into the garden for a year now, next stop will be a home loan. 

@Anonymous of all, I would be remiss if I didn't echo the sentiments of @Anonymous.

Because you've benefitted from the knowledge of others here in the forum,

you were conscientious enough to wait so you could share your DP's with us.

I want you to know I appreciate your kindness greatly. It makes this forum great! Smiley Very Happy

Super Congrats on your PenFed and Amex SLs! Smiley Very Happy

You started from very meager beginnings in the 500s, and now you

find yourself a bona fide member of the FICO 700 Club. You should be

very proud of yourself. Very well done!!!Smiley Very Happy

Congrats once again on your success. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval threads without DPs are like a story without an ending. Thank you for telling your tale. 

And Congrats! on the approvals. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals.

Some clarifications:

1.  PenFed pulls Equifax FICO 9 which is different from the standard FICO 8.  The FICO 9 model excludes medical collections and other paid collections so if those exist on your credit report your FICO 9 score will be higher than your FICO 8.  But most lenders don't yet use FICO 9.

2. In my experience it takes at least 2-3 weeks before Amex underwriting uses the scores available on your online account.  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the support!!

Has anybody received a new Everyday Prefered card lately? I am wondering if the credit card machine ran out of ink when it made my card. It is clear plastic that has a grey stripe on top with the American express name in it and embossed card number, That's it. Kind of a strange looking card, and very difficult to see the cvv. Doesnt even say Everyday anywhere, i would post a picture but it would just be a grey stipe Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

DILLY DILLY

Cheers.gif

Message 9 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and CLI as well!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.