cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Power Cash Visa Signature Approved!!

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed Power Cash Visa Signature Approved!!

It's an awesome card. You'll love it. Welcome to the Penfed family! Smiley Happy 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 17
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!  The approval was definitely a shocker to say the least.  Now, I know how the person felt that  "had no intention of applying for a credit card but stopped by the side of the road because they saw a Penfed sign."  I literally was about to throw away the invite letter and decided "why not?" I only had a couple inquiries on Equifax for the last 12 months and nothing since November app wise.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 12 of 17
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@outofcredit wrote:

After receiving invitations to apply the last couple months I decided to try for my first PenFed card.  Joined PenFed in October 2016.  Did a six-month probationary period with them having only a savings account.  Opened an Access Checking afterwards with a  checking line of credit.  This was my first time attempting for a credit card with them.  Have been denied previously for PLOC.  Really don't use them much for banking but have used the checking line of credit several times throughout the years.  My EQ Fico 9 with them as of April was 623.  Might be higher now as utilization on other cards has decreased recently.  My TU Fico 8 is 642.  I only have 2 inquiries within the last 12 months on EQ and  6 inquiries total.  Really wasn't expecting the approval.  Had to submit POI and it took a couple days for approval. Highest APR of 17.99%.

You have been approved for the PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® card:

$6500.00 Credit limit

17.99% variable APR (Annual Percentage Rate)

What's Next?

We are building your new card and it will arrive in 5-7 business days.
Once received, remember to activate and:
  • Load your new card credential into Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay

Amazing line given your current CLs... congrats!!!!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 13 of 17
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 14 of 17
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 15 of 17
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your PenFed PC approval! 

Message 16 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.