cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Power Cash and Pathfinder Rewards Approved Within 20 Min Of Each Other!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Power Cash and Pathfinder Rewards Approved Within 20 Min Of Each Other!!!!

So I made it almost a month in the garden lol! After reading about how much people enjoyed Penfed I decided last night to open a savings account witht them. I like the idea that my savings are in a different bank than my checking and not a mouse click away from instantly being able to be put into my checking with no delay helps with the self control I so obviously lack. After my reading on here and knowing that they will generally use the same pull for membership approval for 90 days I figured well I have nothing to lose really by apping for a card so why no give it the old college try. I'm sock drawering my Cap1 QS because while they were a great start to rebuild my cards are stuck in the Cap1 "we gave you a card when no one would so just be grateful" purgatory of no CLI's and I wanted a flat no catergory cashback card in my wallet still. Went for the Power Cash and literally choked on my water at an isntant approval with a $10,000 SL with a 17.74% APR. Before this my highest SL was BBVA back in November at $4000 with a similar APR so this is a HUGE deal for me! Especially considering the 5 new accounts and countless new inquires on my report from my spree in December. The APR isn't low but after starting out with no APR's below 23% for the last year and since I PIF it's not a worry really. One would think I would be content and move on with my night after that but I'm a go big or go home kinda guy. The new Pathfinder AMEX they have enticed me with no annual fee, a $100 incidental airline travel credit, and a $100 TSA precheck credit and seemed to good to pass up a try with, more than likely since as we all know YMMV with stuff like combined pulls, a combined hard pull and the worst they could say is no. Submitted my app and went right to review which I fully expected and was thinking oh well count your blessings for the Power Cash and try again later for the Pathfinder. Well I don't have to do that because 10 minutes after going to review the lovely sound of an incoming email dinged on my phone and I literally almost passed out at another $10,000 SL with an APR of 16.99%. Let us keep in mind both these apps were done maybe an hour after opening my savings with them with a whopping $40 deposit and literally filled out back to back. I'm sure no one believes me but this time I am really going to have to buckle down and get gardening because I think any other apps would definitely be pushing the boundries of sanity but dang if I'm not jumping for joy that I decided to leave the garden last night!

Some data points for all you. At the time I apped I was at a 681 ex, which I believe from my reading is what they use to generate their Nextgen score. Don't yet know what my Nextgen from them was but will update when I do. 7 recent inquires but that seems low to me after the damage I did the last month or so so I would say it has to be closer to 10. AAOA at 13 months and utilization showing at 9%. Have 10, yes you read that right 10 oh to be young and bury your head in the sand, 120 day lates on a federal student loan from 2013 that was charged off to the goverment for collection and also shows as paid off now after several years of do not pass go do not collect your tax return for me. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Power Cash and Pathfinder Rewards Approved Within 20 Min Of Each Other!!!!

Congrats. $20K from PenFed in a matter of minutes. Nice.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed Power Cash and Pathfinder Rewards Approved Within 20 Min Of Each Other!!!!

I'm honestly still in shock 24 hours later. I had read about how conservative they can be as well as their sensitivity to inquires/new accounts so I didn't think I had a shot in h**l! The same pull for 90 days thing definitely gave me the confidence to at least try and I guess it really is true what my mom says "what's the worst that happens? You ask and they say no there's no harm in asking." I think it's time for a nice long trip to the garden for me and with these final two approvals under my belt I can't complain about it! Definitely need to stop trying my luck though its bound to run out eventually haha
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome, big congrats!

now off to the garden you go!

Message 4 of 20
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice job on your two approvals!

Message 6 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That is huge considering the tightening up PF has been doing. Big question is , if you dont mind sharing, is how is your income?. Thanks and big congratsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Clearly, you don't know where the garden is...someone should give you directions.

Congrats on the exposure!

I'm trying to wait but these stories make it hard. My scores are low right now so I'm staying put.

Robot Very Happy

Message 8 of 20
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I made it almost a month in the garden lol! After reading about how much people enjoyed Penfed I decided last night to open a savings account witht them. I like the idea that my savings are in a different bank than my checking and not a mouse click away from instantly being able to be put into my checking with no delay helps with the self control I so obviously lack. After my reading on here and knowing that they will generally use the same pull for membership approval for 90 days I figured well I have nothing to lose really by apping for a card so why no give it the old college try. I'm sock drawering my Cap1 QS because while they were a great start to rebuild my cards are stuck in the Cap1 "we gave you a card when no one would so just be grateful" purgatory of no CLI's and I wanted a flat no catergory cashback card in my wallet still. Went for the Power Cash and literally choked on my water at an isntant approval with a $10,000 SL with a 17.74% APR. Before this my highest SL was BBVA back in November at $4000 with a similar APR so this is a HUGE deal for me! Especially considering the 5 new accounts and countless new inquires on my report from my spree in December. The APR isn't low but after starting out with no APR's below 23% for the last year and since I PIF it's not a worry really. One would think I would be content and move on with my night after that but I'm a go big or go home kinda guy. The new Pathfinder AMEX they have enticed me with no annual fee, a $100 incidental airline travel credit, and a $100 TSA precheck credit and seemed to good to pass up a try with, more than likely since as we all know YMMV with stuff like combined pulls, a combined hard pull and the worst they could say is no. Submitted my app and went right to review which I fully expected and was thinking oh well count your blessings for the Power Cash and try again later for the Pathfinder. Well I don't have to do that because 10 minutes after going to review the lovely sound of an incoming email dinged on my phone and I literally almost passed out at another $10,000 SL with an APR of 16.99%. Let us keep in mind both these apps were done maybe an hour after opening my savings with them with a whopping $40 deposit and literally filled out back to back. I'm sure no one believes me but this time I am really going to have to buckle down and get gardening because I think any other apps would definitely be pushing the boundries of sanity but dang if I'm not jumping for joy that I decided to leave the garden last night!

Some data points for all you. At the time I apped I was at a 681 ex, which I believe from my reading is what they use to generate their Nextgen score. Don't yet know what my Nextgen from them was but will update when I do. 7 recent inquires but that seems low to me after the damage I did the last month or so so I would say it has to be closer to 10. AAOA at 13 months and utilization showing at 9%. Have 10, yes you read that right 10 oh to be young and bury your head in the sand, 120 day lates on a federal student loan from 2013 that was charged off to the goverment for collection and also shows as paid off now after several years of do not pass go do not collect your tax return for me. 

Congrats on those awesome approvals and SL! 

Also I haven’t been to the PF forums/postings recently so unless they switched CRA, PF uses EQ not EX and FICO9 now replacing Nextgen.

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your 2 BA SLs!!!!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.