Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed please grow

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed please grow

Sent me a pre approval for the new power cash rewards... thinking after my disappointment of the gold penfed card of 599 dollars they would grant me a massive limit after I sent them income verification... to my surprise !! Nope a little 1000 credit limit.... lowest limit cards are penfed gold 500 and power cash 1000 next lowest 5500 highest limit 55000 and npsl gold rewards amx when I check my spending power 125k approved
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed please grow

Sorry to hear that , hopefully they will grow for you
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're approved to spend $125K with Amex?
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

How is your DTI? Ive learned the hard way this is key when it comes to getting cli with Penfed.
Message 4 of 7
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I'm sowwy OP, why don't you try and recon the limit and IF they still say no at least have them tell you why...

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just saw your NFCU approval for cli. Congrats. Could it be you have too much credit and PF thinks your good. If you sent them income verification and i assume you make a high income, the only things i can think of is DTI or too much credit.PF loves to hand that one outSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm approved to spend over 150K as well on my Plat and PRG cards.. Can't for the life of me get a 10k credit card tho.... LOL 

Amex charge cards are weird, I've found that if you treat them right, they'll take care of you. I've paid easily 30-50k in full monthly running business expenses through..

IMO spending power at AMEX should not be something used to compare against credit card limits.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.