Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed survey turned denial into approval Promise card

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Penfed survey turned denial into approval Promise card

So the other day i applied for a promise visa and it was turned down for inquiries and length of time accounts established. My fico score for equifax was 715. Well i got survey email so i filled it out online giving an explanation for my inquiries. I explained that i was trying to replace bankcards with higher interest with lower rate ones so that i could close cards that have higher rates. I know i have way to many inquiries but i've been rebuilding my credit from the ground up. No negatives on my file. I asked for a low limit just to get in the door so i can build it up. Well the lady called and was real nice she offered me the promise visa for $700 but with a 13.99 apr. I was so excited that they are working with me. I do have a small thrifty credit line with them $500 but was never able to get a visa approval before now. This rate they gave me beats any rate on any card that i have. My next closest rate card is navy federal at 16.15. I feel like the penfed will grow and i'm going into the garden for now to get my inquiries wiped off.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed survey turned denial into approval Promise card

Congrats that's awesome Op
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a successful recon. PenFed is a great CU to be in with

Message 3 of 7
Curious0ne
New Contributor

the survey is a great opportunity to get credit products from PenFed. Congrats on your new card!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 5 of 7
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Way to turn it around! Congrats, OP.

CreditXpert Scores: EX [672] | EQ [681] | TU [677] | American Express FICO 8: EX [698]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done! Penfed is the best!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.