Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pep Boys Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pep Boys Approval

So last night I blew one of my tires when I hit a curb.....sigh. So embarrassing. I took it to Pep Boys today for a new tire, then found out I need 2. Sigh again. I decided to app for a pep Boys account online and was approved for $500. I called Credit Solutions about an hour after the approval to try for a CLI and was told by the rep I have to wait 48 hours. In the past, I've been able to call right away and get my CLI. Anyone have any info about this particular Synchrony account? Do I really have to wait 48 hours?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Pep Boys Approval

That is backed by Synchrony financial, not Synchrony bank. The rules are a little different for these cards, and there MAY BE A HARD PULL INVOLVED for a CLI - There generally is for Sync Financial

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!! This card is through CarCare One, which is backed by their Synchrony Financial side. They are the same ones that do Care Credit, furniture stores, and other special financing.

The regular Synchrony that has the store cards, such as Walmart, etc., have a different division. Unfortunately, when you call in for any increases through their financial side, it requires another TransUnion hard pull.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card, texasmommy, and I hope that things work out well with your car! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approval. This is the hardest Sync card to get cli on for me anyway. Ive wasted many hps trying to get it past original limit of $500. This was before i realized it is not with credit solutions. After a year finally got it to 1200 where it still stands. I wont ever waste another hp on this card and am only keeping for car emergenciesSmiley Wink . I guess if your profile is strong or have high income they may budge but not sure . Gongrats againSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new SL and make sure you enjoy the card! Have fun!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the same type of account as Newegg and they give Auto increases like gangbusters sit back and wait for them. Congrats 💐 op
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.