Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petal Visa Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Petal Visa Credit Card

Ok, so read reviews on Petal and saw they launched their card. Went on their website (Wed 3 Oct) and filled in all of the details they require linking credit cards and bank account... Just to see if you pre-qualify...

Voila - I pre-qualified... Got an email saying they needed to review a few more details and would email within a week. Voila - (Thurs 11 Oct) no email... No way to check status either...

Anyone had any dealings with them? Sounds like a decent card...

Oh, by the way, it does a hard pull - Experian... So don't be fooled if you see they only do soft pulls, its not true...

Data points:

Experian 666

Transunion 692

Equifax 675

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Petal Visa Credit Card

This card has been talked about here very recently. Im not a fan i feel there are better options out there then giving someone access to all your financial stuff. Be wary imo
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your thoughts on the card.

Just got the email I was waiting for:
Approved
Credit Limit: $4500
Rate: 22.74%

Have to say its much better than similar cards that ask you to link accounts, like the Deserve Credit Card that only gives a very low Credit Limit.

All said, one of the highest % rate of all my cards. Have to say I'll keep it on the shelve and use it to only boost my overall Credit Limit of all my cards to help my Credit Score...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are in the same range as yours but I didn't pre-qualify for the card. Makes me wonder what goes into their approval process. Smiley Sad

I ended up qualifying for a Deserve Pro through a very circuitous route, only because was in direct contact with their CEO through Twitter. I would've loved to try Petal though.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should get to know Deserve's CEO too... I applied for them and only approved for $300 in August, they just increased the limit to $800. (and my score was better in August than it was when I applied for Petal)

Petal on the other hand $4500 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.