Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Delta SkyMiles

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Platinum Delta SkyMiles

Bored...  I applied for the above card.  I currently have 5 Amex revolvers and 1 charge card.  I know that the limit was four revolvers and now sits at five for some.  Anyways, I looked at the Platinum Delta and see that it comes with a companion ticket so I gave Amex a call up on their recorded line to ask if there's a limit on the number of cards.  Of course I was told no.  I figured if denied, I'll get no HP but app went pending due to the EX ice.  Called new accounts and was told I needed to thaw.  Before I did that I asked new accounts if there was a limit and was again told no on a recorded line.  The rep said to call back when I thawed EX but I asked is she could hold while I did this online.  She said yes.  I thawed and she said hold while she processed the application.  She comes back and said that she completed all her checks but the application required further verification checks from the Executive Offices.  I pressed a little more and she said it's some type of verification.  She then comes back and said "Mr. 12njoy, I've placed a request to have your card shipped to you within 24-48 hours once it's approved".  Now I thought that such a request could only be done once an account had been approved.  At any point, this will be interesting considering I have 5 cards already.  I will gladly close one of the little Amex cads if need be to open this account.  It will compliment my Alaska Airlines very nicely.  She said it will take 3-5 business days for a decision.  She went on to say that if EO was open tonight that she would have been able to have gotten the card approved and sent out.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platinum Delta SkyMiles

I'm following this because I'm very interested to see if they approve you for a 6th revolver!
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmmm... very interesting. I hope it's an approval.

Message 3 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

We shall see.  It theoretically should have been an auto denial due to number of cards but since it appears to have passed that test, I can only wait to see what the final result will be.  Maybe approval if I close one of my other cards which I would do for the companion ticket.  That'll be worth the AF of this card.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like that they give you the option to close one to open the current one you applied for just versus an auto denial
Message 5 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

I just pulled my EX report and I got a HP from Amex.  Thats a good sign although it could still be a denial

___________ 12Njoy
Message 6 of 23
gibeon
Established Contributor

Crossing fingers. Very curious about outcome!
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am 99.9% sure its going to denial!!! Recently I applied for 6th revolver. Had inquiry on EX. 2 days later got call from Amex saying only 5 revolvers allowed anytime, and if I wanted the card to be approved, I need to close one! I said no but took the HP hit!!

Message 8 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am 99.9% sure its going to denial!!! Recently I applied for 6th revolver. Had inquiry on EX. 2 days later got call from Amex saying only 5 revolvers allowed anytime, and if I wanted the card to be approved, I need to close one! I said no but took the HP hit!!

If that happens, as I said before may be the case, I'll count that as an approval and not a denial.  I have 2 Amex cards which are virtually useless (hyatt/SPG) to me so I would gladly close one or both to get this card.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right! I agree with you! That way you won't waste your HP!
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.