Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Master Card $3000 SL After 7-10 Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum Master Card $3000 SL After 7-10 Message

Oh my gosh! I am so excited. So you all know from my story (I should create a progress thread) that I've been on this site taking in all of the advice.  In the past month, I have opened 2 Comentity Store cards (STC) to help my utilization. The Wayfair was approved SL $500 and Overstock was approved for $1400.  I really wanted the Ulta or the Williams-Sonoma but I had to remind my self that this journey is not about getting things but improving my credit so I've taken the advice of not opening too many store cards .. I  don't want to wake up the COmenity beast. 

Anyway, My Capital One Platinum MC has been on restricted status for about 2 years. I paid it off ($500) a while ago with tax refund thinking they would re-open but they never did. It reports $0 balance every month  which is good because before I found this site and start applying that $0 balance was the only good credit card reporting I had.    You guys told me that they will never re-open the card and that I would have to apply again. I knew it would be a hard pull but I figure since I've been in the Garden (unintentionally ) for the past 3 years that one little hard pull wouldn't hurt. Besides, My scores jumped 8, 12, 4 points with those Comenity cards... so I could spare some points for trying to open a non-store card.

I pulled the trigger... I did a hard application. I got the 7-10 day message. I knew it was a decline because, why not, I already mis-used the one $500 Capitol one card they gave me... Why would they give me another. Oh, well I took the lost. 

I woke up to an email saying... We've shipped your card. I am like What Card. I don't have  a card. LOL I called the Capitalone customer service and sure enough. the auto message said ... "we issued you a new card. Your limit is $3000. Press 1 if you've already received it and want to activate"

I shouted.  I wonder why I got the 7-10 day message? I never got any letter explaining. Anyway. I will be very responsible with this card.  On top of it all, the FICO simulator says with a $3000 credit limit increase my score will grow 20 points. :-)  that plus my $1 student loan pay off for 15 points has me not believing any of this. 

Any tips ... Does this card Grow?   Thanks for everything, you guys. I am moving toward 700. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platinum Master Card $3000 SL After 7-10 Message

Congratulations OP!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good details, GC. Thanks for sharing.

Message 4 of 6
DCnDC
Contributor

Congrats!
FICO 8 (as of 8/23/2019) | EX: 823 | TU: 824 | EQ: 831
Inquiries (Total) | EX: 1 | TU: 1 | EQ: 1
Inquiries (Less than 1 year) | EX: 0 | TU: 0 | EQ: 0

Bank Americard Mastercard $90,000 | PenFed Promise Visa $39,000 | Citi Simplicity Mastercard $26,500 | NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000 | Macy's $25,000 | Synchrony Home (Mohawk) $25,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa $24,300 | Citi Costco Visa $15,300 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PenFed Gold Visa $11,000 | Discover It $10,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred Visa $9,500 | Kohl's $3,000

Message 5 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations @GrayCredit2018!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.