Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation Visa - Capital one

tag
gabeerwin
Contributor

Playstation Visa - Capital one

Long Story short:  I had the QS1 card for a little over a year but it would not grow, stuck at $500.  During the purge of 2018 I let it go.

Fast Forward to March:  See that Cap1 is having a signup bonus on their Playstation Visa for $50 PS store code with the first purchase.  I think to myself... even I get a lousey $300 I will use it, get the $50 and sock drawer it.

3/12: I apply, 7-10 day... bummer

3/17: Get a call from Cap1 stating I need to answer some questions about my application

Radio Silence....

I call them today and ask for an update.  The guy I spoke with was super nice, said he would check... left me on hold forever. 

Finally he comes back and says "Congrats, it's been approved".  He runs through some info and I ask what the SL is... figuring I would get the $500 I had previously.  Nope.... $3,000.  That is my highest limit for a non-store card.

Scores as of today are 653-703.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Playstation Visa - Capital one

congrats!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats looks like things are headed in the right direction!
Message 3 of 8
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval! It's a nice looking card. I wish I could keep track of the rewards through Cap1, but you have to set up a separate account for Sony rewards. The site can be wonky and it can be a pain in the butt when it's time to claim  psx funds. Remember this... you get 10x when buying a game a the ps store. BUT... you must purchase the game. If you simply add funds to your wallet, it only counts as 1x. I made that mistake and don't want it to happen to you too. I chose Gran Turismo as a second design. Again, congrats.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!

Message 5 of 8
gabeerwin
Contributor

EvilR-T,

Thanks for the awesome tip!!
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

PLAY..STATIONSmiley Happy Nice limitSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you! I have a question... I applied for PS card got the same online response and got the same call wanting more info, I check my email today and received the following “Your PS card is now linked to your Sony Rewards “ does this mean I was approved for the card? And what number did you call to get an update on your app? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.