cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pnc bank (pnc core visa ) Approval $5k. Recon for 10k?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pnc bank (pnc core visa ) Approval $5k. Recon for 10k?

@Anonymous wrote:

update #2:

I just applied for the BBVA clears points credit card and I was approved with a SLC of 10k$

should I recon the 10k SLC?, if so how should I aproch it?  

Why do you want to recon every app you're doing?   

While there's always a chance in getting a higher CL from each approval it seems these are in line with your current CL's.

10K CL's are a good starting point and can grow significantly over time.  Even when I have 50K+ CL's I still start sometimes at or below 10K on new apps and just put in the time to get them up from there.  BOA/Amex/Disco all started low and grew to 50K+ within 2 years of getting them.  The only recon I've done this year was Uber and that was more for S&G's to see what they would do after instapproval for 11K gave them a call and within 2 minutes was able to bump it to 25K w/o any real questions.

Based on your profile and app activity I would just sit tight and forget about the whole recon thing as it's not needed.  You might raise your level of scrutiny when there's a manual review. Sometimes this backfires and you either get the CL cut or closed completely if you've tripped some UW criteria that was overlooked or borderline.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

update #2:

I just applied for the BBVA clears points credit card and I was approved with a SLC of 10k$

should I recon the 10k SLC?, if so how should I aproch it?  

Why do you want to recon every app you're doing?   

While there's always a chance in getting a higher CL from each approval it seems these are in line with your current CL's.

10K CL's are a good starting point and can grow significantly over time.  Even when I have 50K+ CL's I still start sometimes at or below 10K on new apps and just put in the time to get them up from there.  BOA/Amex/Disco all started low and grew to 50K+ within 2 years of getting them.  The only recon I've done this year was Uber and that was more for S&G's to see what they would do after instapproval for 11K gave them a call and within 2 minutes was able to bump it to 25K w/o any real questions.

Based on your profile and app activity I would just sit tight and forget about the whole recon thing as it's not needed.  You might raise your level of scrutiny when there's a manual review. Sometimes this backfires and you either get the CL cut or closed completely if you've tripped some UW criteria that was overlooked or borderline.

This x1000!

To answer your questions, no I don't think you should recon the PNC or the BBVA approvals. They are both solid SLs and the cards are very usable at the limits given. 

Outside of a few lenders, Initial SL recons are a waste of time, at best. At worst, they can backfire as noted above. 

Hang tight and be happy!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

always there is a room for improvement!!

bigger SCL, better credit I think!!

by the way I called PNC bank and they told me that they only recon SCL on the same day app!!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

always there is a room for improvement!!

bigger SCL, better credit I think!!

by the way I called PNC bank and they told me that they only recon SCL on the same day app!!

Yes, in some cases but, the CL's they're giving you are in line with your existing limits.  Now if you had a bigger spread in CL's there's a bit of an arguement to chase after higher opening limits.  Bigger limits don't mean better scores though either.  Sure, a higher limit makes it easier to spend more w/o having to micromanage the balances but, that comes with time and experience.

If your spread of CL's were say 6K-50K then pushing them on a CL at approval to say 25K might be easier to do since you already would have some higher limits.  Trying to get them up from 5K or 10K to 15K which is your highest from an UW perspective just doesn't motivate them to do so.

For example I applied for Propel and they handed out $7500, I called because my spread is significantly gaping in size and they stuck with their approval amount.  Barclay's as mentioned above wasn't an issue to move up.  USB on the other hand auto denied me for 2 apps due to INQ, I called for a manual review, overturned for 1K/ea, I called again for 25K/ea and they responded with 10K/ea.  Other banks during the last accumulation of 5 cards approved for the middle ground in the 20-25K range w/o needing to push them with a follow up phone call.

You need to evaluate the situation and not presume a call after approval on all apps will get you what you want.  With new apps it's a bit of a dance because you just started a relationship with them and they have no experience to draw off of other than your CR stats.  If you wait 6-12 months and then push them after showing them responsible use then it's fair to say they might be more willing to do something with your CL to bring it to a more desired level.

Looking at your holdings so far:

discover 14800$ this will grow with time and persistance with SP CLI's
american express 10k$ this will grow with time and persistance with SP CLI's // to a certian point based on income
elan visa 10800$ this is a bit more limited in scope as a servicer account through another FI and dependent on what they scope the product to grow to or cap off at
wellsfargo visa 9800$ SP's are an option if you call in every 6 months and ask for them  // they're a bit more stingy though
wellsfargo american propel 6000$
bbt visa 6000$ HP's for CLI's and based on experiences posted here and personal they're not the easiest to work with

bbt mastercard 6000$

Knowing more about your profile and the timings of the new accounts would provide some insight as to where this could lead you.  Any goals you have might present some further guidance moving forward such as running into x/24 rules or more in depth rules per lender.  

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.