Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Home Closing Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Post-Home Closing Approvals

I went into the Garden in May 2019 to prepare for a potential home purchase in June 2020. My timetable got moved up and I got preapproved for a home in February 2020 and closed on my new home on April 14th. (VA Loan through Veterans United) Knowing I'd need to make some purchases for my new home and pay some moving expenses, I acquired the following new cards:

4/15/20:

Discover It #2 - $3K 
Amazon Prime Rewards Sig VISA - $10.5K

Amex EveryDay - $18K

4/22/20:

FCCU Platinum VISA CLI $14K-->$20K

Regions Life VISA - $10K

BB&T Bright VISA - $7.5K

Langley FCU Cash Rewards Sig VISA - $15K

5/6/20:

PenFed Gold VISA - $17.5K

Alliant CU Platinum VISA - $10K

5/8/20:

RBFCU Premier Rate MC - $2K 

Yes, I know that's a LOT of activity over a relatively short time. I have been with several of these lenders (Discover, Amex, Chase, PenFed, FCCU) for many years and have a good history with them.  

I did have a small savings account with BB&T and had savings and checking with RBFCU prior to applying for credit with them. 

Langley and Alliant are new CU memberships I opened for the purpose of applying for their credit products. 

With my first mortgage payment due June 1st and all of these new accounts (several already reporting), I am done for a while. I did join some other banks and credit unions with an eye toward products next year. I did not hit up every Bank/CU I have accounts with, so I'll look to them next year as well. 

Please don't think I'm advocating for anyone to "do as I do." We all take in information and then make decisions we think are right for us. Some work, some don't, but sharing information at least makes our decisions somewhat "informed." And remember, all of our files are different and the variables involved are sometimes too numerous to list, so your experiences may significantly differ from my own. 

17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Post-Home Closing Approvals

Congratulations on your approvals and CLI!

Message 2 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good run there, grats to all Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your new home purchase and all of your approvals!

And veteran to veteran,  Thank You for your service!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your new home purchase and all of your approvals!

And veteran to veteran,  Thank You for your service!!! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you Veteran!

Message 5 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous  .. What a runSmiley Surprised  well done .Congratulations! ..

Message 6 of 18
heeseon
Frequent Contributor

Congratulation

TU789 EQ786 EX791(05/23)
Message 7 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats quite a haul.. No denials at all during spree?  If so quite impressive in short time period

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new home and successful app spree!

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats quite a haul.. No denials at all during spree?  If so quite impressive in short time period

Thank you!

I do have one alibi, I applied for the ABOC Platinum Rewards MC on 4/15/20. Apparently they do not do instant approvals and all get manually reviewed. I called about a week after application and was told it normally takes 30 days for manual reviews to be completed and the result is mailed USPS, no email. I'll have to update that when I hear something, so for now it's still "pending."

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.