cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pottery Barn CLI to $30k! Hello new sofa!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Pottery Barn CLI to $30k! Hello new sofa!

This cli went from $27.1k to $30.3k....🎯

I've been getting the CL up steadily over the last 2 yrs,  in order to use it for a major sofa purchase.  They have 0% /12mo for a purchase over $750.  I'm waiting till they run their yearly furniture special where sofas are like 25% off plus free shipping. 😊

Data-

~card was IIB in 2013, and got it back with an instant approval SL of $2k on 2/19/15. 💳

~All my CLI have been via robo lady and back to back . I've never called in, and they have been steady increases every 1-2 months. 

~I use the card every couple of months or so, pif before statement cuts. This is one "store card" I don't ever see myself closing. I LOVE PB, and this cc lol!!💳💳💳

~This is also my ONLY cc now with Comenity. 😉

IMG_7007.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Pottery Barn CLI to $30k! Hello new sofa!

25% off and free delivery....yeah 30K oughtta cover it.

Message 2 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

25% off and free delivery....yeah 30K oughtta cover it.

IDK Austinguy....I may need the rest of the year to push it too max, whatever max is, LOL..

I do plan on putting a down payment on the sofa, and then utilize the 0%, still keeping the PB card util under 10%, and still keeping my overall util reporting  at 1%. Thats some fancy foot work right there, Smiley Wink 

Message 3 of 13
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

*shakes head*

The only purchase to put a DP on is a mortgage.  I never quite get why things like drivetime flaunt getting your DP before you shop.  I can't really say I've heard of someone putting a DP on a couch either.  I know most furniture financing places usually want tax up front but, a portion of the purchase just seems silly.  

You have to control credit and not let credit control you Smiley Wink   Just buy the sofa and 0% the whole thing since you can always pay it off and let that report if you have a bigger ticket item later on.

Message 4 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

*shakes head*

The only purchase to put a DP on is a mortgage.  I never quite get why things like drivetime flaunt getting your DP before you shop.  I can't really say I've heard of someone putting a DP on a couch either.  I know most furniture financing places usually want tax up front but, a portion of the purchase just seems silly.  

You have to control credit and not let credit control you Smiley Wink   Just buy the sofa and 0% the whole thing since you can always pay it off and let that report if you have a bigger ticket item later on.

Im a little different in the fact that I dont want $6k reporting on my card...thats 20% util....Im not comfortable with that personally...yet.  There is  also nothing wrong with paying for some of the purchase before financing the rest of it either.  Its really what I feel comfortable with as far as the rest of my reports go, and lenders. Thats the main thing....

Message 5 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats pizza! I just got this one too. Hopefully my limit will go to replace my RediCard Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congratulations, pizza! Things are going well!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, pizza! I actually got on PB's website for the first time to check them out, and they sell some beautiful stuff! One could easily run up a pretty fat bill! Enjoy shopping for that sofa when the sale hits! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

This cli went from $27.1k to $30.3k....🎯

I've been getting the CL up steadily over the last 2 yrs,  in order to use it for a major sofa purchase.  They have 0% /12mo for a purchase over $750.  I'm waiting till they run their yearly furniture special where sofas are like 25% off plus free shipping. 😊

Data-

~card was IIB in 2013, and got it back with an instant approval SL of $2k on 2/19/15. 💳

~All my CLI have been via robo lady and back to back . I've never called in, and they have been steady increases every 1-2 months. 

~I use the card every couple of months or so, pif before statement cuts. This is one "store card" I don't ever see myself closing. I LOVE PB, and this cc lol!!💳💳💳

~This is also my ONLY cc now with Comenity. 😉

IMG_7007.JPG

Pizza...Pizza....

You continue to amaze us.  Smiley Surprised

I went in a couple of days ago and got my monthly $750 increase and didn't want to tempt faith.  Didn't know that PB did multiple increases too.  Trying to get my CL high enough to purchase the Chelsea platform bed and armoire for my daughter.  At what point, did you start to get multiple increases.  I've had the card for 8 or 9 months now. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Ms. Pizza. 🍾🎉🎊

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.